Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird DDP bookmarking thing

I've noticed that for some reason, when I recheck a thread, especially multi-page threads, I'll be taken back to a specific post on a specific page. And it's annoying to keep being directed to the 8th post on page 3 despite the thread now being 6 pages long. Why is this and how can I stop it?
    M.A.G.A.

Re: Weird DDP bookmarking thing

You have to bookmark the FIRST page of the thread. It's that simple. If you bookmark a page or more in, then that's where you will be taken to. The URL changes each time you page through.

Don't bookmark. Just got to the last page or so to read what is new. But there is nothing going on with the forums that haven't always worked a certain way, just so you know. Cookies are set server side to remember what posts a user has or hasn't read. That's it.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I'm not bookmarking anything. I would understand it if clicking on a link takes me to the first or latest post but I don't get it why I'll find myself looping to the same post halfway through a thread.
      M.A.G.A.

Comment

The title of your thread is bookmarking, so naturally that's what I thought you were doing.

Other than that, there is nothing that the vBulletin forums do to "loop" anything. Click on a thread title you go to the beginning. Click on a page (number) of a thread and you go there to that page of the thread.

Never heard or seen anything like this so very, very tough to say what is going on for you. It shouldn't even be an issue with cookies. That said, at best I could suggest clearing the cache of your browser, clearing the cookies, logging out then in, and/or trying another browser.
        Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 07-20-2020, 04:46 PM.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
        X