• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avengers 2 Trailer!

it's Megatron. I know it

Comment

I was so disappointed. Apparently, Wheedon has just signed up to Michael Bay's good story = utter chaos theory. There was 87 characters, 15 backstories, 25 sub-plots, 11 antagonists and 50,000 primary antagonists -- since all the robots were Ultron.

Serenity was SOOOO SIMPLE and SOOO GOOD. Why can't he just use that as his story template from here on?
      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
        I was so disappointed. Apparently, Wheedon has just signed up to Michael Bay's good story = utter chaos theory. There was 87 characters, 15 backstories, 25 sub-plots, 11 antagonists and 50,000 primary antagonists -- since all the robots were Ultron.

Serenity was SOOOO SIMPLE and SOOO GOOD. Why can't he just use that as his story template from here on?
        +1
        Also felt like the movie was a long intro. I wasn't invested at all.
        The question is : Do you work in the business?

Comment

It was underwhelming. Everyone I know loved it but I'm fairly certain time will prove that I'm right.

Comment

So so tired of Marvel and DC super heroes.

Watching this movie made me realize how tired I am of watching them doing the same old same old.

Used to love them as a kid, but it's too much now.

Hard to believe no one other than Marvel and DC created worthy or interesting super heroes in the last 60 or more years. Would like to see supes created by people from younger generations.

Comment

There are other newer superheroes from the likes of Image (Spawn, Invincible) but the other companies tend to focus on non superhero books. As I tell everyone in 5 years Saga will be the biggest show on television. There's more to comics than superheroes.

Avengers 2 could have been great but they got too obsessed with setting up future events. Ultron could have been amazing but they turned him into a run of the mill villain.

I wouldn't say Avengers 2 was a bad film in the grand scheme of things but it was a let down.

Comment

Originally posted by TheConnorNoden View Post
                It was underwhelming. Everyone I know loved it but I'm fairly certain time will prove that I'm right.
                I think enough time has passed so...yeah, you've been proven right.

Comment

It's actually a good lesson for us noobs. Every superfluous character you add takes away from another character. Like a zero sum game.

That 20 mins spent on trying to develop The twins + Red guy took away the character time that could've been spent on the Avengers. In the end, I still didn't give a crap about the new characters, and felt a lot less close to the old ones.

The antag was also flawed. I still have zero clue why Ultron wanted to blow up Earth and kill the Avengers. Antags need just as well-defined goals and motives as protags. I think the movie could've been 3x better If the antag was wronged by the Avengers in some way. Maybe an alien whose five children were aboard that capital ship that Iron Man nuked at the end of Avengers 1. Just give me anything with emotion.
                  I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                    The antag was also flawed. I still have zero clue why Ultron wanted to blow up Earth and kill the Avengers. Antags need just as well-defined goals and motives as protags. I think the movie could've been 3x better If the antag was wronged by the Avengers in some way. Maybe an alien whose five children were aboard that capital ship that Iron Man nuked at the end of Avengers 1. Just give me anything with emotion.
                    While I had problems with how Ultron was handled after his first scene his goal was clear: peace in our time. Trouble follows these characters and within the marvel universe the question of heroes causing this trouble is brought up. On a larger scale humans in general thrive on conflict and war. To achieve peace on Earth humans must be wiped out. He's a flawed AI, his way of achieving his goals seems rational to him.

Comment

Working...
                    X