Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #551
Wordsmithteer

Default Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

sorry, posted to the wrong post.
Wordsmithteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #552
Midnite

The belated Lugnuts reminded me of how remiss I was about a year or so ago.

I've only used the Rabbity One once, and that was for a script back in 2010. I would use him again, but haven't had anything worth submitting since then. The notes were accurate, not totally unkind, and Drew took the time to be very accessible throughout the process. I'd recommend him to anyone who asked, and also add that the others listed here are none too shabby either!

The script received a Lugnut for 2010, which thrilled me to no end. I did the query route and had several requests, one of which moved fairly high up the food chain of two major Prodcos, but no one pulled the trigger on it.

That was in 2010/2011....What I was remiss of early last year, was to come here and mention that in 2014, Drew had a contact who was looking for something to shoot in China. Drew remembered my script and sent me an e-mail with the contact information as a way of introduction.

The script still didn't go anywhere, but I've been meaning to publicly thank(& give some props to) Drew. As I said, I've only used him once, but 4 years after our business together, he was kind enough to contact me with a "lead" and introduction.

That's just the kind of guy he is, and the thoroughness with which he does business.

Glad you got through the health issues, Andrew! Good to see you're busy, and wishing you much progressive success in all of your endeavors!!!

Midnite

P.S...May have something coming up for your reading later this year and will let ya know:-)
Midnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #553
jcpdoc
Regular

I just received great notes from Drew. Sent my script yesterday morning. By yesterday afternoon, the coverage was in my email. I suppose this falls into the "humble brag" category, but I am happy to report that said coverage includes my new favorite words: Writer: CONSIDER and Project: CONSIDER.
jcpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #554
wsaunders
Regular

Congrats, I have yet to get past a Consider /w reservations, but his notes are always on point! Mind if I ask what you got in the Excellent, Good, Fair, etc columns?
wsaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:02 PM   #555
HairyOtter
New User

Hello!

Does anyone know if Drew still does the Screenplay Mechanic? After doing some research I noticed that his script got picked up so I'm sure that has been demanding some of his time. After reading through this thread I'm eager to get his opinions but don't want to hold on to false hope. Thanks!
HairyOtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:08 PM   #556
wsaunders
Regular

Yea, I just had him look at my stuff. Don't know what his current turnaround is, but a few weeks ago it was about a week, though I find he gets to it sooner than he quotes.
wsaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:16 AM   #557
EvilRbt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyOtter View Post
Does anyone know if Drew still does the Screenplay Mechanic?
Yup, still reading. August was absurdly busy and September is filling up fast. So make a reservation soon. No deposit required. Just shoot me an email at screenplaymechanic@gmail.com

NOTES / COVERAGE
10,000+ Screenplays
DD Thread Facebook
screenplaymechanic@gmail.com
EvilRbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:51 AM   #558
reiverx
User

I have to say that Drew's notes were really good. He pointed out a character background story that didn't seem to fit in the context. My heart knew this. My head didn't listen. So with that said, I hunted down some earlier drafts for inspiration. Funny how that works.

Now, I'm still on cloud nine because Writer:Consider, Project: Consider w/res, but it wasn't just his analysis that was helpful, it was also his knowledge and honesty about the subject matter (World War One).
reiverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:21 PM   #559
iknownuffin
User

I use Drew & Amanda. Both provide great insight and don't molly-coddle.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #560
EvilRbt

Haven't checked in here in a while, but I've fielded a few emails lately asking if I'm still reading, so figured I'd swing by and answer... "Yes!"

My project at Mark Gordon has stalled but I'm busy working on a TV pitch with Gersh and hopefully will be producing another feature this Fall. In the meantime, I'm still reading each and every day.

I still get booked a couple of weeks out, so if anyone here wants me to read their work in July or August, now is the time to get on my schedule. All you need to do is email me to reserve a date (no deposit required). Then you send me your script and payment the day before and you'll receive my notes within 24 hours.

All the best, everyone!

Drew

NOTES / COVERAGE
10,000+ Screenplays
DD Thread Facebook
EvilRbt is offline   Reply With Quote