Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Loading

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Films
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
billmarq
Administrator
 
billmarq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West of Arizona
Posts: 696
Default Get Out

If someone wants to discuss this movie and can do so without all the racial commentary and rebukes, feel free to do so. I will delete any and all racially provocative comments, going in either direction.
__________________
We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey
billmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
JoeBanks
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,926
Default Re: Get Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmarq View Post
If someone wants to discuss this movie and can do so without all the racial commentary and rebukes, feel free to do so. I will delete any and all racially provocative comments, going in either direction.
the movie is inherently about race in america. i don't know there can be a discussion about the movie without diving into what Jordan Peele is trying to say in his story. the fact that the previous thread went in the direction it did basically validates the movie's thesis
JoeBanks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #3
Juno Styles
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,066
Default Re: Get Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBanks View Post
the movie is inherently about race in america. i don't know there can be a discussion about the movie without diving into what Jordan Peele is trying to say in his story. the fact that the previous thread went in the direction it did basically validates the movie's thesis
pretty much.
__________________
One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you donít, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room
Juno Styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
billmarq
Administrator
 
billmarq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West of Arizona
Posts: 696
Default Re: Get Out

When the discussion turns personal, it has gone too far.
__________________
We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey
billmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:30 AM   #5
TheConnorNoden
Member
 
TheConnorNoden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,111
Default Re: Get Out

Guess I missed all the drama. Saw it last night and loved it.
TheConnorNoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #6
hairingtons
User
 
hairingtons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Manchester
Posts: 108
Default Re: Get Out

Quote:
Guess I missed all the drama.
Well it was basically the mostly aptly titled thread in DD.
__________________
@hairingtons
hairingtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #7
medic1
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 113
Default Re: Get Out

I don't get the positive reviews for this on rotten tomatoes. I was okay with it but only because it finally seemed to pick up at the end.

Spoilers *****



Any normal person would be freaked out by everything going on in that creepy- house. Since I never got the feel it was a town. Course it would've ended early if he would have bolted so I would have had him do his own investigation. Also- why wasn't there a reaction from the parents when they first saw him. Should've have been a close up on them since that was pretty much the premise of the movie.
medic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #8
Juno Styles
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,066
Default Re: Get Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic1 View Post

Spoilers *****



Also- why wasn't there a reaction from the parents when they first saw him. Should've have been a close up on them since that was pretty much the premise of the movie.
Reaction from the parents that he was black? What were they supposed to do? Start screaming and have their mouths dropped to the ground like a cartoon character?
__________________
One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you donít, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room
Juno Styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:53 AM   #9
JoeBanks
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,926
Default Re: Get Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
Any normal person would be freaked out by everything going on in that creepy- house. Since I never got the feel it was a town. Course it would've ended early if he would have bolted so I would have had him do his own investigation. Also- why wasn't there a reaction from the parents when they first saw him. Should've have been a close up on them since that was pretty much the premise of the movie.
the parents didn't react because Chris was probably the hundredth or so guy that the daughter had brought home with her to be part of the scheme. the whole point of their routine was to make the victim feel accepted
JoeBanks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:53 AM   #10
medic1
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 113
Default Re: Get Out

but we don't know that. Their reaction- approval, joy, disappointment, is a plot point. They could of even sized him up since everything after that point was over-the-top strange.

I would've liked a subtle look at each other with approval.
medic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Done Deal Pro

eXTReMe Tracker