Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Bill Paxton

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this (there isn't really an off-topic section), but I wanted to post something about the passing of actor Bill Paxton who left this world during a surgical procedure.

Bill has a truly varied body of work that I enjoy very much. I remember the first film I ever saw him in, Near Dark. But I have loved many of his other films.

He had this air about him in his acting that just grabbed your attention and made you remember him. Who can forget, "Game over, man!"

Rest in peace Bill, you shall not be forgotten.

Re: R.I.P. Bill Paxton

Yeah, total shocker. I loved him in everything I saw him in. He stole every scene he was in in ALIENS and honestly, without his whiny character contributing comic relief and immensely quotable lines, I don't think the film would be considered the masterpiece it is. He was hilarious in TRUE LIES, as well. RIP, sir.

Comment

Chet!

https://youtu.be/XopOUYVQtZk

Comment

Yeah hella bummed, he had major presence.

Comment

My favorite role of his was the character of Morgan Earp in Tombstone. Great actor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=paxt...60jtNaUnq4g%3D
          We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

he's in the movie w/ one of the greatest twists ever, Frailty. Farewell, God's Hand Killer. May you rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by bjamin View Post
              he's in the movie w/ one of the greatest twists ever, Frailty. Farewell, God's Hand Killer. May you rest in peace.
              I actually have this film on dvd and had just watched it a couple days before Bill passed away.

This film was his directorial debut and I feel he did a pretty good job. I watched some of the 'making of' on the special features. Considering the low budget and restraints he had on it I think they came up with some pretty ingenious ways to create scenes.

For anyone who hasn't seen this film I recommend giving it a go. It's just a nice mystery/horror film.

Comment

I've heard quite a few stories about Bill Paxton in recent days and all of them are amazing. As someone said, you won't find anyone to say a bad word about him. That's rare.

Very sad loss.
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X