Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option Question

If pre-production has already commenced when the initial option period expires, they must pay the option extension fee to continue with pre-production, correct? And is this the norm?
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Option Question

Can only refer to my own option deals and other dd’ers may say differently but normally when the option agreement is coming to its end, the producer usually has around 14 days on expiration of the original deal to release the funds to trigger the extension or the rights revert back. My agents usually have a chat with them a month or so prior to find out if they want to trigger the extension or leave it to expire.
    Last edited by Mintclub; 08-02-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
      If pre-production has already commenced when the initial option period expires, they must pay the option extension fee to continue with pre-production, correct? And is this the norm?
      They either exercise the option and buy it, or pay you for the extension. Have you talked to them about their intentions? That's what I'd do, or... have my reps do.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
        They either exercise the option and buy it, or pay you for the extension. Have you talked to them about their intentions? That’s what I’d do, or... have my reps do.
        A clause I didn't like, so I wanted to know what I believed was supposed to happen, so both your answers confirm my thoughts. I don't have reps at this time.

Are a percentage of producer "net proceeds" always no money?
        Last edited by finalact4; 08-02-2020, 06:21 PM.
        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
        X