Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His Dark Materials

Never read the Phillip Pullman series of fantasy novels or saw the first attempt to adapt it (The Golden Compass). But the pilot did a good job of pulling me into the alternate world. Strikes an effective balance between mystery (like Harry Potter, the protagonist Lyra is an orphan delivered to Oxford and raised by the staff under mysterious circumstances) and more magical elements (humans are paired with the animal manifestation of their souls in the form of talking daemons). Great cast, great characters, all set up for a wild ride it would seem.

Re: His Dark Materials

Yeah, i have to agree. I thought the pilot was good. Curious about the kidnappings and what the "betrayal" prophesied will be. And of course, like the dragons in GoT, i can't wait to see the polar bears! I've actually watched a couple of eps. It has peaked my interest, more than Watchmen has.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
    X