Clear All

• Dupree Miller

Anyone familiar with them?

http://www.dupreemiller.com/index.html

Re: Dupree Miller

Originally posted by Cokeyskunk View Post
    Anyone familiar with them?

http://www.dupreemiller.com/index.html
    I know someone who is repped by them, for novels. Are you looking for a rep for novels? Because...

From their website:
    Note: We only handle film/TV rights for books already represented by DMA literary agents. We do not accept film/TV submissions.

Comment

Jan Miller is one of the most successful literary agents on the planet...when it comes to self-help books. Novels, not so much. And certainly not screenplays.

~Dixon

Comment

Originally posted by Dixon View Post
        Jan Miller is one of the most successful literary agents on the planet...when it comes to self-help books. Novels, not so much. And certainly not screenplays.

~Dixon
        You're right and, oops, my friend's book through DMA is pop-culture non-fiction... her novels are repped at a another agency .

Comment

Oops. I guess I didn't catch that part. I have been told there are some screenplay literary agents/managers in the Dallas area, and that I just have to find them. Thought this might be one of them.

Comment

No one worth a damn is working in Dallas, I wouldn't think.

Comment

Outside of LA and NYC, there are literally zero agents and managers worth signing with.

Comment

I will simply note this in all fairness to the discussion, since I fully agree with the LA and NYC being the hubs of it all.

But Dallas Sonnier, who has made a few deals in his time with Caliber Media and now his Cinestate, which is located in Dallas, Texas, might deserve a little attention/consideration.
                Will
                Done Deal Pro
                www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
                  I will simply note this in all fairness to the discussion, since I fully agree with the LA and NYC being the hubs of it all.

But Dallas Sonnier, who has made a few deals in his time with Caliber Media and now his Cinestate, which is located in Dallas, Texas, might deserve a little attention/consideration.
                  Could be wrong but I don't think he's taking on clients as a manager much these days. He's pretty busy being a producer.

~Dixon

Comment

Could be wrong but I don't think he's taking on clients as a manager much these days. He's pretty busy being a producer.

~Dixon
                    No, you're almost surely correct. I at least wanted to throw his name out there just in case. But again, I would highly suggest any and all stick with Los Angeles and New York.
                    Will
                    Done Deal Pro
                    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post

My first thought was: "That guy's still in the business? That dude was a d!ck, screw him, he tried to get free writing outta me on a bad concept."

...Then I pulled him up and read his story. Crazy (How'd I not hear about that? Double murder?) Guess he was probably high on coke at the time. I can forgive that. I can relate (in past tense).
                      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

~Dixon
                        Yeah, currently he appears to be repping ONE writer, and that's the dude who penned Bone Tomahawk.

Comment

Working...
                        X