Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadpool

Best fun I've had at the movie theatre in some time.
    "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
    - Screenwriting Friend

Re: Deadpool

Enjoyed it from start to finish. Dialogue fit Reynolds and Miller like a glove. Best part of the film to me. Ought to take the sting out of GREEN LANTERN. Cool cameo too.
    sigpic

It's ruff bein' me.

Comment

Loved the humor and how the film toyed with action/adventure conventions. Loads of hilarious lines. Pleasant surprise to see veteran actress Leslie Uggams in a movie like this. Top notch action. Textbook popcorn flick.

And it costs under $60M to make, proving that the smarter the script, the bigger the bang for the budget.
      "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
      -Maya Angelou

Comment

Loved it, had high expectations and they were met. Vast majority of the jokes landed which is so unusual, hope they can maintain this standard in the next one.

Comment

The rom-com is not dead. It's Deadpool.

Comment

Worth the price of admission for the opening credits alone.

Comment

Pure entertainment

Comment

Worth seeing, if you don't like superhero movies?

Comment

It was a very entertaining flick.

SPOILER

Could have handled the storyteller better though. The first fight with Francis in the past was not suspenseful, because we already knew that it would be going nowhere.

That and I was surprised how much of the storyline is similar to Spawn. Burned off face, afraid to go back to old love, creepy old black blind lady friend etc. I read the Spawn comics in the 90s and was completely unaware of Deadpool (shame on me, I guess).

Comment

Two thumbs up.

Ryan Reynolds had to carry this pic by himself and he does. I rarely go to comic book films, but word of mouth was so good I went to this one.

Comment

I saw it, based on what I'd heard. As someone who doesn't like comic book movies, I'll say that this didn't feel like watching a comic book movie; if not for the X-Men, you could mistake it for being original.

The second half fell flat, to me. The freeway sequence and (most of) the backstory were great but watching Deadpool kill goons was uninteresting and the fight at the end felt like the discount version of a shitty comic book movie's fight at the end.

Great casting, though. Did anyone else hear that there would be full-frontal nudity? I'm disappointed that they didn't have the balls to put balls in a comic book movie. The depiction of pegging was also unduly implicit, IMHO. (Though that was a good joke.)

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
                        I saw it, based on what I'd heard. As someone who doesn't like comic book movies, I'll say that this didn't feel like watching a comic book movie; if not for the X-Men, you could mistake it for being original.

Great casting, though. Did anyone else hear that there would be full-frontal nudity? I'm disappointed that they didn't have the balls to put balls in a comic book movie. The depiction of pegging was also unduly implicit, IMHO. (Though that was a good joke.)
                        I'm not super into superhero movies, either, but it didn't feel like one to me. The movie flew by, mostly as I sat there, saying to myself -- did they just do that? And that? And that?

I agree with your (hidden spoiler) assessment of the ending scene.

The thing is -- I haven't thought about the movie once since I left the theater. I have no idea why there was nothing for me to figure out or ponder afterwards...?

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
                          I'm not super into superhero movies, either, but it didn't feel like one to me. The movie flew by, mostly as I sat there, saying to myself -- did they just do that? And that? And that?
                          If comic book movies are the new Western, hopefully this is a sign that some will transcend their genre. This one came close, I'd say.

Originally posted by figment View Post
                          The thing is -- I haven't thought about the movie once since I left the theater. I have no idea why there was nothing for me to figure out or ponder afterwards...?
                          Yeah, the plot was pretty bare and I couldn't tell you what the theme was. That didn't stop me from enjoying the movie but a rewatch would be for sight-gags, for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
                            Yeah, the plot was pretty bare and I couldn't tell you what the theme was. That didn't stop me from enjoying the movie but a rewatch would be for sight-gags, for me.
                            I thought Deadpool's lack of mouth would be annoying, but his eyes widening or narrowing depending on his feelings was a pretty great substitute, imo. And that was without any eyeballs.

Comment

I was also impressed by the expressiveness of his mask.

Comment

Working...
                              X