Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Radio Chatter

I'm wondering if anyone can help me find transcripts, videos or recordings of radio chatter between american military forces. I'm particularly looking for dialogue between helicopter pilots during combat, but also armed forces on the ground.

I found the black hawk down transcripts online but other than that google hasn't proved very fruitful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Re: Military Radio Chatter

Check out "Platoon" and "Full Metall Jacket," but I'm sure the jargon has changed in the last 30 years.

Comment

Thanks, Marine. I've already checked out those scripts and a few others but as you say, the jargon has probably changed over the years. I'm really hoping to find some transcripts or recordings of actual radio chatter.

Comment

Originally posted by mtlancas View Post
        Thanks, Marine. I've already checked out those scripts and a few others but as you say, the jargon has probably changed over the years. I'm really hoping to find some transcripts or recordings of actual radio chatter.
        From Iraq and Afghanistan? Except what you can capture on CNN, actual transmissions will be almost imposssible to get, and the brief recordings on the news are almost indecipherable. See if you can get your hands on the TV series "Over There" produced by Steven Bochco. Or, you can enlist. We always need a few good men. (We take women, too.)

Comment

This is messed up, but dig around on YouTube. There's video footage of troops squawking away at each other via radios that was lifted from actual taped exchanges.

It's all from Iraq and Afghanistan, so the visuals ain't pretty.
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Thanks guys. YouTube is proving quite useful

Comment

Working...
            X