Anyone have experience with Bohemia Group?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with Bohemia Group?

I got a read request from Justin Ross, their director of production and development.

Couldn't find much info on them by searching around, but looks like they mostly rep actors. Do they have much of a reputation? Anyone worked with them before?

Re: Anyone have experience with Bohemia Group?

Just got an email that my manager his leaving current company and joining Bohemia Group.

Would also like any intel.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Well, if he's your manager, your relationship with him isn't likely to change too much.

Who handles lit management at Bohemia? When I was researching them, I felt like it was mostly talent.

Comment

Lol, Justin Ross contacted me a few weeks ago saying that he loved my script and wanted to option it, buy it, or represent me? I followed up and said I already have a manager, but would love to discuss further. Then, crickets... I emailed again a week later and wanted to make sure he received my email? He said, he had and would get back to me...then crickets again...

I just had to laugh...

Comment

So weird, I wonder if it was a form letter of some sort. I have never had a "so-called" producer out right say they want to buy my script in an email, then never hear from them again. Odd strategy?

Comment

Similar experience. Found it odd that they would email such an enthusiastic response instead of picking up the phone.
            Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

-Steve Trautmann
            3rd & Fairfax: The WGAW Podcast

Comment

He read a script of mine, liked it, and we have a meeting scheduled for next week. Should be interesting.

Comment

When I sent him my script he mentioned that the company was looking for scripts in that genre. He actually asked if I was in LA or not... to set up a phone call or an in person meeting... maybe it's just timing. Honestly it doesn't look like his company does a lot of features... I'm real curious what he has to say.

Comment

Our experience has been great so far. Can't say the same for a well known manager we met with last week. We signed a "shopping agreement" and it looks like Justin is making our script a priority. Looking forward to what he can do.

Comment

I signed a shopping agreement with Justin two months ago. I have pretty low expectations since I've never had a shopping agreement lead to anything in the past. Justin seemed very enthusiastic about the script so I thought I'd give it a shot. Although the agreement calls for monthly updates on submissions and responses, I've yet to hear a word from him.

Comment

I'd ask him who he's sent the script to and if there's any feedback. It's in his best interest, personally and professionally, to get it sold.

Comment

I plan to. Any news on your deal, CrissCross?

Comment

Nah, only been a month. He sent out a press release which Variety picked up. That was nice.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ch...ie-1202028941/

Comment

Originally posted by CrissCross View Post
                            Nah, only been a month. He sent out a press release which Variety picked up. That was nice.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ch...ie-1202028941/
                            That's awesome. Congrats!

Comment

Pretty cool announcement, Crisscross! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X