This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Just to chime in... had some spot-on notes from Andrew recently. A nice guy to boot.

Comment

Hey Drew! Congratulations. Will send good vibes from SF!

Comment

Hope you secure that attachment! If you need another actor to work for scale, I'm your man!
        FADE IN:
        PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
        NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Yes, I am still in the reading business. I get a lot of emails asking that i thought I'd dropped by to say "hi.-

Project update: THE GUNS OF CHRISTMAS PAST is still in the works. We have a new director (Steven C Miller) and still casting, but I'm limited as to what I can say publicly. Trying to cast an action lead in an indie, who has significant foreign value, is absurdly difficult. Most want to do studio pics or get a big Netflix payday. There's one name actor who wants to do it and he would be awesome, but his value can't justify a $15m-20m budget. So the saga continues...

Back to the day job, I continue to read screenplays and write notes for clients everyday.

I still help clients beyond reading where possible too. I'm excited for DD'er Joel Irwin whose script AVA I setup with Fortune Films. Hoping it shoots later this year. To be clear, I only champion scripts I LOVE, so it's rare I get involved beyond notes and advice.

If you're interested in having me read your work, please get in touch: [email protected]
          NOTES / COVERAGE
          15,000+ Screenplays
          [email protected]

Comment

Just dropping in to say thanks to the Mechanic for his notes and thanks as well to whoever runs this forum. This is a great resource.

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
              Just dropping in to say thanks to the Mechanic for his notes and thanks as well to whoever runs this forum. This is a great resource.
              You are welcome! (Sorry this is late, only swing by periodically).

And yes, those who run Done Deal are legends. These boards are such a great resource which I continue to recommend to clients and suggest they subscribe to the main site.
              Last edited by EvilRbt; 05-22-2019, 10:12 PM.
              NOTES / COVERAGE
              15,000+ Screenplays
              [email protected]

Comment

To answer a common question... Yes, I’m still reading and consulting. So if anyone here wants me to take a look at their material, please drop me a line. [email protected]

I’ve received a few DMs here recently but I don’t visit this site every day, so always email if you have any questions.
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

Thanks again to the Mechanic for his notes. Well worth it. Plenty of things to work on now that I hadn't thought of.

Comment

August is always the slowest month of the year, but I've also had some clients postpone their reservation because they need a few more weeks.

That means I have a couple of open spots this week and next. So if you'd like me to read your script, get in touch.

[email protected]

Hope everyone else is having an awesome summer!
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

Still getting some talented clients coming to me from Done Deal. Thank you to everyone who spreads the good word about me! For anyone new or old who might want a reservation, shoot me an email at [email protected]

In other news, a few folks have asked me the latest about "The Guns Of Christmas Past." This is one of those projects which will eventually reach the screen and people will have no idea what a long road it traversed, e.g. Chartier, Mark Gordon, etc.

Long story short, my producing partner and I had a director and lead actor lined-up, but they recently did a movie together which didn't turn out so well (not gonna name names but it'll be released soon). We had a rock-bottom budget to shoot in Serbia or Romania for $8m, but based on the package and its foreign sales value, financiers wouldn't go above $5m So, we basically just pulled the plug on the director and actor, and we're now in talks with a producer who wants to do the movie in the mid-teen budget range. He has the connections to major talent so ultimately the end product will be much better than the most recent scenario. Due to the xmas theme, I doubt we'll have it ready for Nov 2020 but if things more fast in the next month or two, you never know.

More soon...
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      15,000+ Screenplays
                      [email protected]

Comment

Good luck with your project, EvilRbt.

And thanks for checking back in here.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                          ...Due to the xmas theme, I doubt we'll have it ready for Nov 2020 but if things more fast in the next month or two, you never know.
                          Congratulations and good luck!
                          STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Thanks, everyone!!

Btw, taking reservations for Late Nov / Dec already. If anyone wants to get on my calendar, please get in touch.

Mention Done Deal for $10 off any service.

[email protected]
                            NOTES / COVERAGE
                            15,000+ Screenplays
                            [email protected]

Comment

I have had a beer with Andrew and can attest he's a super nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by CrissCross View Post
                                I have had a beer with Andrew and can attest he's a super nice guy.
                                Thank you!!

I have a few spots left for November and taking reservations for December too. Get in touch if you want me to read your feature, pilot, or treatment. I offer other services like proofreading too.

DD discount still valid.

[email protected]
                                NOTES / COVERAGE
                                15,000+ Screenplays
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X