X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Writing Assignments

Bill and Ted Face the Music (2020)
    got me thinking...what movie--at least 15 years old--
    would you love to be assigned to re-boot, re-start, do a belated sequel, etc??

I'd like a crack at Ferris Bueller Phones It In
    or maybe Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth
    or Stars and Stripes with Bill Murray, but sadly no Harold Ramis.

Re: Dream Writing Assignments

Too many to name. But here's one.

Short Circuit.

Comment

Jeremiah Johnson (1972) — contemporize

Cannery Row (1982) — contemporize

White Hunter, Black Heart (1990) — contemporize
      Last edited by Clint Hill; 08-01-2020, 04:15 PM.
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

The Warriors (LA, the journey home)
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

King Conan with Arnold or just another Conan movie with Jason Momoa. I'm a fan of the Robert E. Howard stories and the original movie but I'd still be extremely nervous. Hardcore fantasy fans are difficult to please. On the flip side most people think the Conan movies suck so maybe I could deliver them a pleasant surprise, like the new Mad Max.

Comment

Internal Affairs w/ Richard Gere. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099850/

I heard a redo was in the works last year. I love corrupt cop movies. Who knows in the current environment if this will now be on hold, or cut. I'd make the Richard Gere character a woman in my version.

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post
              Internal Affairs w/ Richard Gere. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099850/

I heard a redo was in the works last year. I love corrupt cop movies. Who knows in the current environment if this will now be on hold, or cut. I'd make the Richard Gere character a woman in my version.

One of the many movies I remember seeing w/ my parents in a theater at like age 12!

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
                King Conan with Arnold or just another Conan movie with Jason Momoa. I'm a fan of the Robert E. Howard stories and the original movie but I'd still be extremely nervous. Hardcore fantasy fans are difficult to please. On the flip side most people think the Conan movies suck so maybe I could deliver them a pleasant surprise, like the new Mad Max.

I would love to see a new Conan film. Hubby and I are big fans. We own many of Howard's books, although I don't read them as voraciously as hubby does.

Isn't there a story where Conan fights vampires? I seem to remember one of Howard's characters fought a horde of vamps and I thought is was Conan, or maybe it was Solomon Kane.

Either way I would love to see that story in film.

Comment

Van Wilder; House Dad

Comment

There's Something About Mary and Ted's Daughter

The Professional - The Return of Mathilda
                    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Originally posted by Ire View Post
                      The Professional - The Return of Mathilda
                      This one ⇧ (after watching the original a while back, I thought of it, too, so... great idea!)
                      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
                        I would love to see a new Conan film. Hubby and I are big fans. We own many of Howard's books, although I don't read them as voraciously as hubby does.

Isn't there a story where Conan fights vampires? I seem to remember one of Howard's characters fought a horde of vamps and I thought is was Conan, or maybe it was Solomon Kane.

Either way I would love to see that story in film.
                        Nice. They're fun. Howard had his limitations but he could be excellent at description and setting the scene. The opening of The Tower of the Elephant-

"Torches flared murkily on the revels in the Maul, where the thieves of the east held carnival by night. In the Maul they could carouse and roar as they liked, for honest people shunned the quarters, and watchmen, well paid with stained coins, did not interfere with their sport. Along the crooked, unpaved streets with their heaps of refuse and sloppy puddles, drunken roisterers staggered, roaring. Steel glinted in the shadows where wolf preyed on wolf, and from the darkness rose the shrill laughter of women, and the sounds of scufflings and strugglings. Torchlight licked luridly from broken windows and wide-thrown doors, and out of those doors, stale smells of wine and rank sweaty bodies, clamor of drinking-jacks and fists hammered on rough tables, snatches of obscene songs, rushed like a blow in the face."

(Sorry for hijacking. I just loved that damned passage)

I don't recall a short story where Conan fights vamps but it's been a while. There probably is, or a Solomon Kane one as you mentioned. I think the only Solomon Kane story I read was where he's in some fictional African country with albino gorillas.

If you like comics/graphic novels the Dark Horse Conan line is pretty solid. There was a storyline in that called Ashes and Dust with something like vampires, maybe that's the one (had to dig it up for reference). In that story the Hyperboreans were sorcerers made immortal by sacrificing captives and draining their life force. I recall they usually ended up killing themselves in the end due to boredom and a lack of purpose. Anyway, very likely based on one of the short stories but I don't think I've read it.

Comment

Here are a few hubby and I are working on for fun.

In-between our original scripts we work on sequels/prequels/remakes of some films we like and would like to see updated.

Even though they are established properties, it is nice to dream we may be able to submit them one day.

Tenacious-D Saves the Metal

Krull: The Beginning

Predators vs. Aliens: Battledome San Diego Zoo

Natural Born Killers: Mick & Mallory's Spawn (or Offspring...not sure which works better)

Comment

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
                            Here are a few hubby and I are working on for fun.

In-between our original scripts we work on sequels/prequels/remakes of some films we like and would like to see updated.

Even though they are established properties, it is nice to dream we may be able to submit them one day.

Tenacious-D Saves the Metal

Krull: The Beginning

Predators vs. Aliens: Battledome San Diego Zoo

Natural Born Killers: Mick & Mallory's Spawn (or Offspring...not sure which works better)
                            Good for you, that sounds like a fun activity. Speaking as an Alien fan, who enjoys even the bad movies, I would love to pen a sequel that honors the original work. But I barely have enough time to work on my own stuff.

I know you can't really ever sell it, but I'd enjoy reading a great take on an existing franchise (guess that would be classified as screenwriting fan fiction?). Imagine Alien as a TV show? I'm there.

Comment

The Sixth Element

The Eighth Seal

District 10
                              Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
                              "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                              X