No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voice-Over

Originally posted by TravisPickle View Post
    I don't think being careful pays off and in fact it can paralyze you into becoming overly pedantic and stilted.

My story is from the antagonist's POV, it's a story of jealousy and murder directed at one person, but it also tells the rise and fall of an empire - so having an "outsider" take us through it all strikes me as the perfect way to cover a lot of ground and also underline some of the inherent comedy
    Go for it. It's your story and you must choose how to tell it. Being careful of the details doesn't mean you can't be creative.

Comment

Unless you make a ridiculous choice (i.e. having a dead character narrate the story... oh wait)
      American Beauty written by Alan Ball worked well as a story narrated by a dead character.
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

yes- I was kidding about that being a ridiculous choice.
        obviously Sunset Boulevard comes to mind but also Reversal of Fortune (vegetative state counts, right?)

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
        American Beauty written by Alan Ball worked well as a story narrated by a dead character.

Comment

yes- I was kidding about that being a ridiculous choice.
          obviously Sunset Boulevard comes to mind but also Reversal of Fortune (vegetative state counts, right?)
          Yes, I got the joke. I often wonder how different Reversal of Fortune might have been if the starring role had gone to Klaus Maria Brandauer as screenwriter Nick Kazan had originally envisioned his movie.

As you can see, there exist ‘out there’ many successfully produced movies from which you may borrow and for you to emulate where the antagonist's point of view tells the story. V.O. is but one of the many choices of how to execute your story and it's yours to make. Go for it.
          Last edited by Clint Hill; 08-17-2018, 10:09 PM.
          “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Working...
          X