What are your thoughts on this new type of technology?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on this new type of technology?

I'm working on a passion project to try to solve a problem that I've seen in the film industry and I'm curious to hear feedback to see if I'm on the right track. Here it is: silverwit.com

For those of you who are producers or agents, how challenging is it to find great scripts and screenwriters? And does this approach to solving that challenge strike you as useful?

And for those of you who are screenwriters, would you be open to submitting your screenplays to a platform like this?

Thanks so much for taking a look!

Re: What are your thoughts on this new type of technology?

I think this is a more crowded space than you think. The #1 in the market is probably The Black List because of the name and they can probably tell their subscribers that agents from firm ABC use the site and so does such and such management agency. The writer is confident that there are people looking for good material on the black list and your script may get views.

If you are just running a hosting site and charging money for it, who is reading the script? Agents from which agency? Which managers? What producers? Writers aren't paying for the hosting per se, they are paying for the bridge to decision makers.

Comment

Re: What are your thoughts on this new type of technology?

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
      ...If you are just running a hosting site and charging money for it, who is reading the script? Agents from which agency? Which managers? What producers? Writers aren't paying for the hosting per se, they are paying for the bridge to decision makers.
      Which is why I'm a fan of the writer/programmer made "Script Revolution" at:

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=81304

The proprietor (it's free, so do I call him a proprietor?) knows from experience what is right/wrong with other sites, so has built the former into his nice little site.

It's very, very well done, and from a writer's perspective, but also gives those looking for screenplays everything they'd want.

Worried about content being copied by users in China, or being indexed on Google? I put up my script descriptions only (essentially, my email query content), and ask readers to contact me for more info. This seems to have weeded out the casual readers.

https://www.scriptrevolution.com/profiles/steve-garry

100% free, and the bigger it gets the more likely it'll get noticed. Do it!

Comment

Working...
      X