X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TitanCreed's Coverage Service!

Hello, DDP!

Last year, I decided to not bump this thread until I was caught up on queued notes. As of this week, that has finally happened.

To my queued clients, I cannot thank you all enough. Your patience has allowed me to extend my notes to an average of over 3,000 words. The queue has also allowed me to extend my services to writers who typically cannot afford script notes. Once again, it has been your understanding, only putting one script into the queue at a time, that has allowed me to do this.

Thank you as well to those who pay for the shorter turnaround times. It means a great deal that you believe my services are worth $100 or more.

For those asking, I am still providing notes. I have temporarily suspended line-by-line notes due to how long they take to compose.

For those curious, my current rates are as follows:
    Queued Notes: $30
    Five-Business-Day Turnaround: $100
    Three-Business-Day Turnaround: $150
    One-Business-Day Turnaround: $200

In addition, please note that I will be travelling from March 19th to March 31st, first to Japan and then to a wedding in New England.

If you wish to order the five-business-day notes, you will need to order by March 11th. Otherwise, your notes will be delayed considerably. Similarly, three-business-day notes will need to be ordered by March 13th and one-business-day notes will need to be ordered by March 15th.

(Thank you in advance to any orders placed between now and then. I will tell myself that your payment is with the explicit encouragement to eat more unagi.)

I am a critic first and a writer second.

I have a background in development and currently provide low-cost coverage.

More info here: www.FourStarNotes.com

Comment

EDIT: I don't want to triple-post, so I'm just letting everyone know that I am back from vacation. Everything is proceeding as normal.

Also, for those curious, I will be working on Easter Day. That will count as a business-day for turnaround purposes.
      Last edited by TitanCreed; 04-03-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Hello, everyone!

I have decided to host my first ever discount special to (hopefully) pay for a reunion in August.

From now until July 7th, all Five Business Day orders (the $100 option) will receive a free upgrade to the Three Business Day turnaround (normally a $150 option).

Thank you all for your support over the years. It means the world to me.

Comment

Hi There, J. It's been awhile! -- Is a 35 page TV pilot the same price as a feature? I'm interested in doing this, I'll send you an email. But I thought I'd give you the opportunity to answer here too in case others have the question.

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post
            Hi There, J. It's been awhile! -- Is a 35 page TV pilot the same price as a feature? I'm interested in doing this, I'll send you an email. But I thought I'd give you the opportunity to answer here too in case others have the question.
            Lostfootage,

That’s a great question. I’ll address both one-hour and half-hour pilots in case there are other television writers interested.

ONE-HOUR PILOTS: Unlike a lot of readers, I do not offer flat discounts for one-hour pilots. I do, however, offer a free review of a bible and second episode.

This is partly my way of stressing the importance of having a bible (and many pilots I receive not actually showcasing the series). It’s also because, as my clients are likely aware, I often write just as much for a pilot as I do for a feature.

HALF-HOUR PILOTS: For a project that is 40 pages or less, I do offer a free upgrade. I also will still read a bible and a second episode for free.

These are the normal prices for pilots below 41 pages:

QUEUED: Not Available
            5-BUSINESS-DAY: $30
            3-BUSINESS-DAY: $100
            1-BUSINESS-DAY: $150

For the purposes of this promotion, the prices for half-hour pilots are as follows:

QUEUED: Not Available
            5-BUSINESS-DAY: Not Available
            3-BUSINESS-DAY: $30
            1-BUSINESS-DAY: $100

Comment

Others have shared TitanCreed's notes with me.

He does good work.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post
                Others have shared TitanCreed's notes with me.

He does good work.
                Thank you! The positive feedback you and others have provided here really means a lot to me.

To summarize my previous posts, since they're on another page now:

From now until July 7th, all Five Business Day orders (the $100 option) will receive a free upgrade to the Three Business Day turnaround (normally a $150 option).

Half-hour pilots receive an additional discount.

Also, I will not be taking the 4th of July off, so please consider all weekdays next week a business day.

Comment

Giving another shoutout for TitanCreed.

In reading notes I got last week, I think what he does better than some others is that he has an ability to see what you're going for in a scene, or sequence, or act, and can then deduce reasons why you're not achieving that... yet.

For instance: I kept wondering why I hated the dialogue in section X so much, no matter how many times I rewrote it. His notes mentioned that section (without me asking about it), but pegged pacing as the problem. From that I could easily see that once I fix the pacing, that dialogue will automatically fall into line, or in this case, may get cut altogether. Problem solved.

So that's super interesting to me -- you know there's a problem, but you were trying to solve it the wrong way.

Comment

Another very happy customer here.

TitanCreed is extremely good. He's clearly a veteran of script reading. Completely professional. Nice and courteous. You get quick and efficient customer service.

I think the best part is the correspondence afterwards. He read my work. Then free of charge had a look at my bible. And many days later - he's still giving me his wisdom and guidance. Another set of eyes.

It's such an advantage to be able to talk to your script reader afterwards - he lets you defend yourself, he helps you to dissect your thing and learn.

He's a very hard worker - when you order the three day coverage. He'll get it done in 2.5 days.

He's very quick to reply back to an email.

Lastly, it's a two-way-street. You have to be humble enough to absorb his feedback. He leans heavily on the weaknesses - which is great, you can go off and make them positives.

If you want to learn and get better, to see what you didn't see the first time - then TitanCreed is the man to go. I cannot recommend him enough.

Comment

Just received another coverage report.

Worth every penny. Not only that - you really get your money's worth.

I think the followup feedback is my favourite part - as Jeffrey gives you the option to talk about, defend, dissect and analyse your work. He lets you explore what you've learnt and what you'll do differently next time.

As for criticism, to paraphrase Brian Koppelman's words "take what you need, discard the rest-.

Have a good day everyone.

Comment

I cannot echo the above comments strongly enough.

This is incredible feedback at undeniable value. Please avail of his service!

Comment

I do not need to hire him, but I was wondering whether Titan Creed is still around and is providing script coverage. I thought that I sent him a message about this a few months ago, but now I am not sure whether I really did that or simply thought about doing it.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post
                            I do not need to hire him, but I was wondering whether Titan Creed is still around and is providing script coverage.
                            He is. I emailed him a few weeks ago. 🙂

Comment

Thanks, figment.

I was actually a bit concerned about him, since I have seen no recent activity by him (unless I missed it).

I sent you a PM.

Comment

Just to round this off ... If you need to contact TitanCreed, his website (which has his email) is: Four Star Notes. The page has a CONTACT link at the top of the page.

I have never used a script consultant. However, I have seen his work, and I think he does a good job at a reasonable price.

Comment

Working...
                                X