Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rima Greer

Any experiences with Rima of Above the Line Agency?

Re: Rima Greer

Nothing specific except to say she's definitely old school. I can't remember when she would've last sold a spec -- seems like years.

Comment

Rima Greer is one of the best and most respected lit. agents in Hollywood. She rarely takes new clients and anyone she represents is extremely lucky.

Comment

Ditto GreatOz. She's top...and extremely picky. But I am intrigued why she has a website where anyone can pitch her. One would think that her life would be full with the clients she's handling already...and the ones who are recommended to her by people she knows.

Comment

I think it's too focus all the queries she's going to get anyway to one place. Easier to handle -- and delete.

I've heard her speak and she's strict referral only.

Comment

She spoke to my writers group last year. She seemed very nice and quite legit. I picked up a copy of her book, which is worth a read:

http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Truth-Ab...5895841&sr=8-1

One member of the group asked her about Script pimp type websites that offer to send out your script all over town for a fee. She told them they are a waste of time. To prove her point she grabbed her phone and called up one of her other agent buddies, dragging her out of some party, and asked her about Script pimp. The response - "Never heard of it"

Comment

Rima is one of the few agents who has signed the WGA code. She's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
                Rima is one of the few agents who has signed the WGA code. She's awesome.
                i follow one of her clients on twitter, and props to Rima for signing the code. she's truly a writer's partner. bravo
                "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I believe I AM that client on Twitter...

Comment

I believe I AM that client on Twitter...
                    haha... that's funny, right? well, there you go. we keep bumping into each other. looking forward to the opportunity one day to meet if you like. you in cali?

and by the way, congrats on your novels, web series and produced shorts.
                    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I'm on the East Coast. Maybe we'll meet at AFF?

Comment

I'm on the East Coast. Maybe we'll meet at AFF?
                        big possibility. i'll let you know if i get set up for it. i think i can actually drive there.

Comment

Working...
                        X