Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avengers End Game

Well that's true -- I mean they knew it would be the biggest movie, so they went all out.

Hell, remember the old old days like the 80s when a movie might be a slow hit and actually in theaters for months... now movie is like 3-6 months and it's out to rent or buy...

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      Well that's true -- I mean they knew it would be the biggest movie, so they went all out.

Hell, remember the old old days like the 80s when a movie might be a slow hit and actually in theaters for months... now movie is like 3-6 months and it's out to rent or buy...

There were a lot of movies I wanted to see and I was stunned that they were only there for one week. Less than a week. The evening showings were all cut in favor of the massive rollout. I wish I had been a writer during the 90s when it was the Spec generation.

Comment

Yeah they talk about spec generation, but they leave out the same 10 writers sold 80% of the scripts... just like today!!!!

Comment

It was okay. INFINITY WAR was the only Avengers movie I liked because it was actually dark, had stakes, the characters weren't impervious, and Thanos is a great, layered villain. ENDGAME was predictable as usual.

Best part was easily fat Chris Hemsworth/Thor. Absolutely hilarious and a true scene stealer.

Comment

Of the 4 Avengers movie, Infinity War was the best as Thanos was the clear main character and you could follow his journey from Milan to Minsk. In fact, I think I was almost on his side.

Comment

Black Panther was probably the Marvel movie of recent memory where I was wowed. Probably because I felt like I hadn't seen it before and was being transported to a place I'd never been. I watch so many comic book movies that they are starting to blur into the same thing. The previous Avengers movie felt like a series of cameos by the 4 dozen characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                Yeah they talk about spec generation, but they leave out the same 10 writers sold 80% of the scripts... just like today!!!!

True. Though, I wonder what it's like to be writing at a time when they are buying specs every week and rushing to bid the next day (better chance of them missing the gaping plot holes and lack of character development ). If they like the concept, but want to develop it, 4 more writers will be on it--more jobs! Legend has it that they even bought a napkin?

Comment

SPOILERS.... consider yourself warned

went to the 10:15, glass of wine, nachos and a burger/fries. reclined back with no expectations.

right when they teleported to earth the power went out for 45min. got free tickets, but that was a boring wait.

i was surprised.

Thor had already lost everyone in the last film, so from a story POV i didn't understand how he fell into despair. even though teletubby Thor was hilarious, it didn't quite feel right. loved the moment with his mother.

loved that he got mui mui back. mother: it can take a moment.

skeletal Stark: what i don't understand is that he shouldn't have gone at all because changing the past would change the new future he has with his daughter, right? or is it that the only thing that changed is all the people came back? Potts didn't want to have kids when he left for infinity war. great ending.

it was nice that he met his dad. knew he was going to die. Strange told us as much in infinity, he needed to make sure Stark survived. it was all about "The One." very Matrixy of him.

last moments, Potts: you can rest now. great emotional moment.

Gamora: shouldn't she have been with them at the end? because they killed Thanos which means... oh wait, i remember the Reaper saying it was eternal-- once the offering is done it cannot be reversed. that's why they couldn't bring back Natasha.

disappointed we didn't see much of the GoG interactive fun. but then, it was darker in tone, i suppose.

Spidey just pulls your heartstrings out.

new Hulk is fun Hulk.

Natasha v Hawk, great scene. you knew it all along, though.

i thought they didn't give enough time to Quill and Gamora and all the crew. we watched two entire films where this family came together and it felt short-sighted. i wanted more.

why didn't Vision come back?

and where the hell did Captain Marvel go? she was barely in the movie.

knew Captain America wasn't coming back.

The Ancient One gave up the time stone too easily.

so it felt like little separate stories as characters fill their personal void to become complete. nice resolutions, but it did feel segmented.

i still enjoyed it, because i've watched and come to love these characters for years.

that's all.
                  FA4
                  "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
                  X