I got a 9 on the Black List -- now what?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Got a 9 on the Black List - logline goes out Monday

Congratualtions.

I've not really looked into this Black List phenomenon yet, but if it really does open doors, it can only be good, right (if priced within reason)?

Anyway, hopefully this all leads you to someplace better than where you're proverbially at.
    Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their help.

This is the version I've decided to go with... for now, anyway:

"After the Civil War, a teenage girl disguised as a man works her way across the country as a stagecoach driver in order to track down the sadistic Southern colonel who murdered her brother. She's pursued by a former Confederate officer who threatens to expose her true identity - and steal her heart."
      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
        Somehow I doubt it will be that easy... what's your source for that? But thanks for the kind words!
        it was tounge in cheek kind of statement, obviously there are no guarantees such as that, but what it DOES do is give you great ammo for marketing, and if your team is strong, having a 9 on this list is farrrr better than having nothing, that's what I meant. Wasn't meant literally. Also, I've read around here or maybe it was on zt, that 9's are rarely given out, so if im wrong about that, and its common, well then i retract my statement.

good luck, now get marketing!! strike while the iron is hot is an understatement right now for you!
        • Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

my POINT is, that if the blacklist isn't so helpful, why are we in here talking about it? We would have never been having this conversation, nor would we know about "Whiplash", so if we are in here discussing it, (and in dozens of other threads and forums) I'm pretty sure those in the inner circles of H-dub are discussing it too.congratulations on your achievement, be proud, and strike now, strike now, before the next script gets a 9 and becomes hot topic...

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their help.

This is the version I've decided to go with... for now, anyway:

"After the Civil War, a teenage girl disguised as a man works her way across the country as a stagecoach driver in order to track down the sadistic Southern colonel who murdered her brother. She's pursued by a former Confederate officer who threatens to expose her true identity - and steal her heart."
            I wouldn't use that one! LOL!! just kidding..sounds and looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
              iAlso, I've read around here or maybe it was on zt, that 9's are rarely given out, so if im wrong about that, and its common, well then i retract my statement.

!
              According to Franklin, 3.8% of uploaded scripts get a 9 or 10.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
                I'm pretty sure those in the inner circles of H-dub are discussing it too.D
                It would be nice to think so, but I've only had 6 downloads so far. So it's a small circle. The Monday newsletter goes out at 10 am PST, but it was already mentioned in the Friday "components" newsletter. So it will be interesting to see what kind of a jump it gets (if any).
                Last edited by LauriD; 01-07-2013, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Re: I got a 9 on the Black List -- now what?

Stagecoach drivers were known as "whips" because of the impressively long ones they carried.

My original title was "The Stage Driver," and I also used "The Bushwhacker" for a while (the villain is a Bushwhacker), but I like the energy of "Whiplash" and the image of the woman with the whip.
                  I like the Whiplash title much better than Stage Driver

Comment

It would be nice to think so, but I've only had 6 downloads so far. So it's a small circle. Not sure whether the Monday newsletter has gone out yet, but it was already mentioned in the Friday "components" newsletter.
                    It's my understanding that when the Monday email goes out, writers on the list will also get the email. You should get a big bump then.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeywriter View Post
                      It's my understanding that when the Monday email goes out, writers on the list will also get the email. You should get a big bump then.
                      Michaelb thought not... we'll see...

Comment

Congrats and good luck, Lauri --

You've paid your dues and certainly have the talent. Every step up is a step up -- even if, as screenwriters, we have to climb over more of them. I look forward to seeing your work in production, one day in the not-too-distant future....

Comment

It would be nice to think so, but I've only had 6 downloads so far. So it's a small circle. The Monday newsletter goes out at 10 am PST, but it was already mentioned in the Friday "components" newsletter. So it will be interesting to see what kind of a jump it gets (if any).
                          marination, marination.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

There already is a whiplash on the Black List.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                                There already is a whiplash on the Black List.
                                There's one and it's mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X