Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 32

I just want to give a shout out to Stage 32 (I discovered it through Facebook). When I initially came upon it, I was excited, but due to an unpleasant experience (which had nothing to do with the people running it, just butted heads with another poster), I went into lurk mode. Well, last week, I decided to give it another chance, and I'm so glad I did. Today I signed a contract with a great agent, someone who loves my writing and my voice. And the cherry on the cake is that while all the agent stuff was brewing yesterday--I got an option offer on a family script from a Canadian prodco (which my new agent is happily handling for me. She's awesome). Yesterday was a day for the ages.

If it hadn't been for my networking--for putting my stuff out there--for taking a leap of faith that I wouldn't hear another no--for not giving up when the times were tough--tonight I'm over the moon. Still much work to do, and I want to thank Stage 32 and the wonderful Richard Botto. I owe you a big one, man.

http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Re: Stage 32

Way to go PJ. That's awesome. If anyone deserves the "big break", I figure it's you for sure. Especially, thrilled to hear of the option with the Canadian production co. on your family script. I bet it's fantastic!!
    " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Just read the post on Stage 32. Not wanting to rain on your parade but I trust you did your research on the person you just signed with (including the threads here)?

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
        I just want to give a shout out to Stage 32 (I discovered it through Facebook). When I initially came upon it, I was excited, but due to an unpleasant experience (which had nothing to do with the people running it, just butted heads with another poster), I went into lurk mode. Well, last week, I decided to give it another chance, and I'm so glad I did. Today I signed a contract with a great agent, someone who loves my writing and my voice. And the cherry on the cake is that while all the agent stuff was brewing yesterday--I got an option offer on a family script from a Canadian prodco (which my new agent is happily handling for me. She's awesome). Yesterday was a day for the ages.

If it hadn't been for my networking--for putting my stuff out there--for taking a leap of faith that I wouldn't hear another no--for not giving up when the times were tough--tonight I'm over the moon. Still much work to do, and I want to thank Stage 32 and the wonderful Richard Botto. I owe you a big one, man.

Congratulations, PJ. I got the news since I'm on Stage 32. I wish you more than luck on your future endeavors.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
          Just read the post on Stage 32. Not wanting to rain on your parade but I trust you did your research on the person you just signed with (including the threads here)?
          I did. This is a small world. It was all positive. I mean that. And we clicked like a house on fire. I am very happy.

Comment

Congrats, PJ!
            Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Congrats! Hopefully it's just the start

Comment

That's awesome. What's the best way to network over there, in your opinion? Getting in on the discussion boards? One on one messaging?

I have had a profile there for a while but so far it's just been a whole lot of random people adding me as connections and... not much else.

Congrats!
                www.twitter.com/esporter

Comment

Huge congrats! I've been on Stage 32 for a while and got a few consulting gigs from it. Awesome that you got noticed for your writing, you deserve it.
                  Vancouver Screenwriters Meetup Group

Comment

Congratulations, and thanks for letting us know about a Stage 32 success story. I had been wondering if it would be helpful or not.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

Congrats! Great news!
                      http://maximumz.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Your kind words mean alot. Hopefully this will be the start of a fruitful and rewarding partnership. So many factors come into play, but the only thing I can control is my writing. Some days have been a real ordeal. So to have this happen now, is very sweet indeed.

Comment

Congrats, Limama.

The only lit agent I've come across on Stage 32 is one whose been met with more than a little skepticism on donedeal.

Comment

Congratulations, LIMAMA! All the best!
                            "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                              I did. This is a small world. It was all positive. I mean that. And we clicked like a house on fire. I am very happy.
                              Cool! Congratulations!!

Comment

Working...
                              X