No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Austin Notifications

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
    Nu? Any calls yet? Any letters? Any emails??
    Nothing.
    "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

zippy.

Comment

last year they started notifying entrants on Aug 30. looks like its gonna be later this year. i have a feeling tomorrow.

Comment

So I'm a little confused...

If you receive a mailing, it will either be a rejection or placement letter, correct?

If you place as a first or second rounder, is that the end of the line or is there hope of advancing to the semi-finals (via a phone call)?

Does anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex11 View Post
            Not rocket science, people. Don't OVERthink it.
            Perfect time for your quote.

Why don't you ask your "colleague"?

Comment

So I'm a little confused...

If you receive a mailing, it will either be a rejection or placement letter, correct?

If you place as a first or second rounder, is that the end of the line or is there hope of advancing to the semi-finals (via a phone call)?

Does anybody know?
              correct me if im wrong, but receiving a letter means you're either a first or second rounder with no chance for advancement. phone calls mean you're a semifinalist with chance for advancement. the only reason people want a letter is to be put out of the misery of waiting.

Comment

Why don't you call over and ask them for the group? I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

(Ugh. Sorry. Violating my own troll rules...)

Comment

Lord is right...a letter means you're done. A phone call in the next couple of days means you're a semi-finalist that's onto the next round of judging where the same rules apply. They'll either call you in late September to tell you you are a finalist or you'll get a letter congratulating you on being a semi-finalist (and that there's a reduced rate to attend the conf).

Bottom line...phone call GOOD, letter BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by PaleWriter View Post
                    Bottom line...phone call GOOD, letter BAD.
                    So if I keep my phone off, and set bear traps for the mailman does this mean I can delude myself and tell everyone that I advanced?

HH

Comment

I called the contact number and spoke w/Matt. Letters are being sent out today. Phone calls start tomorrow or Monday at the latest. So everyone will know their status by this time next week.
                      "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

I think I just got a call from them but I missed it.

Is Austin's area code 888? Or 866?
                        Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Kermet Key View Post
                          I called the contact number and spoke w/Matt. Letters are being sent out today. Phone calls start tomorrow or Monday at the latest. So everyone will know their status by this time next week.
                          Thanks for the info.

Austin seems to be run by sadists ... letters for god's sake!

Comment

Originally posted by NatachaVonBraun View Post
                            I think I just got a call from them but I missed it.

Is Austin's area code 888? Or 866?
                            The number I called was 512-478-4795. It's at the bottom of the Screenplay Competition page . The toll free number is 1-800-310-FEST.

I had a call that did not show up on my cell phone and I couldn't find out who it was so I called and spoke with Matt Dy, the gentleman responsible for informing contestants of their place/status, and asked the lamest question ever..."Did you guys try to call me?" He said they had not and that they have begun sending out letters today. The phone calls will begin tomorrow at the earliest and Monday at the latest. I'm only sharing this information because I am as anxious as the next wannabe.
                            "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

Originally posted by LeadSolo View Post
                              Perfect time for your quote.

Why don't you ask your "colleague"?

Maybe if there weren't several different responses flying around, things wouldn't be so confusing.

Who do you think you are? I'm new to the board and for you to make insinuations (false by the way) about me is extremely petty. What would I have to gain by coming to a board and spreading lies? Your sour attitude is unacceptable and if you can't show me the same regard that you do others, then I will firmly ask that you not address me in a direct manner at all.

I've applied to several different programs/competitions. I'm on pin and needles like everyone else in this forum. Please respect my journey and I will do the same for you.

Comment

Originally posted by KatCas View Post
                                Thanks for the info.

Austin seems to be run by sadists ... letters for god's sake!

I agree.

They should have sent info via email a couple of weeks ago.

If they expect people to travel, then they need to give ample time to prepare.

Comment

Working...
                                X