Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Long Shot

Two hours I could have spent more pleasurably driving nails into my eyeballs.

Comment

Re: Long Shot

I haven't seen it yet. But I remember I had an old idea about a guy falling in love with his babysitter from his youth... then I heard Rogen mention that idea on something else or in trades and it was called say EMILY the name of the babysitter... then like a year later I think of the idea again and start to think about it, then like that week the trailer for LONGSHOT drops and I'm like oh I guess he did make that babysitter movie, then I watch the trailer and I'm like this barely has anything to do with the idea I love and he pitched...

So I still feel my idea is viable. However, moreso, it's a great look at the development process as it just seems politics was so on everyone's mind that they took the story and made it something else. At least that's how I see it from the little I know about it.

But you can feel the 2017-2018 of our world pushed into the spec script and on set. At least that's how I read it. Maybe there was nothing but a germ of an idea he had about the babysitter and that gets lost in a story that didn't really need them to know each other to set up since he already has a job where they could meet up. Knowing each other before didn't seem to play into it.

Anyway... i should watch the damn movie, but I was so not excited for it when I saw the trailer.

Comment

Working...
      X