Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Fincher speech at Golden Globes

Did anyone catch the line Fincher said about "Jon Benet Rudin" during his acceptance speech? First he was talking about Propecia (looking at Scott Rudin), then made this comment. I'm wondering if he was referring to Jon Benet Ramsey, the little girl who was found murdered several years ago in Colorado. If he was indeed making a joke and using her name in it, that would definitely be worse than anything Ricky Gervais said. Anyone else here catch it?

Re: David Fincher speech at Golden Globes

I thought the same thing as you, have no idea what he actually meant by it.

Comment

Surely some inside joke. Looked like Rudin knew exactly what he meant.

Comment

An inside joke about a murdered little girl that he references in an international broadcast is in pretty bad taste. I'm surprised that the media haven't picked up on this and asked Fincher about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasquali56 View Post
          An inside joke about a murdered little girl that he references in an international broadcast is in pretty bad taste. I'm surprised that the media haven't picked up on this and asked Fincher about it.
          Would this be the same media that has shown such good taste in covering this murder in the form of infotainment for over a decade now?

The Jon Benet Ramsay story turned from tragedy to travesty long ago. That's not saying that Fincher's joke, whatever it meant, was in good taste, but simply that there's no reason to single him out for what has sadly become a national joke.

But really, who wouldn't expect the director of films like ZODIAC, SE7EN and FIGHT CLUB to have a morbid sense of humor?

Comment

Working...
          X