Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFP Emerging Narrative

Has anyone been accepted into the IFP Emerging Narrative program in recent years in New York? Any experiences or opinions to share? Worthwhile, or no?

Re: IFP Emerging Narrative

Originally posted by muckraker View Post
    Has anyone been accepted into the IFP Emerging Narrative program in recent years in New York? Any experiences or opinions to share? Worthwhile, or no?
    I've been to IFP's events. It really is a good organization and its worthwhile to join. I don't know about the Emerging Narrative program, but based on the other things I've seen at IFP, its probably a good thing to be accepted into.
    Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/NyFilmmaker32/videos

Comment

I did the Emerging Narrative in 2008 and am applying again this year. It was intense and you get thrown into it but I learned a ton that week. I was the only one who was a "only a writer." The rest of the people were writer/directors or teams. I made some really great connections and learned how to pitch whether i liked it or not. There are panels and parties and luncheons just for the attendees and then you get to be a part of film week too. You pay for all your expenses but if you get accepted - GO.

Feel free to ask me anything. It feels like it was so long ago that I can't give a really good lengthy detailed experience. I just remember it was fun and I was scared.

Comment

Thanks guys. From what you've heard/experienced, are the scripts that are accepted well into their pre-production as far as having the key crew members assembled? I have a script I really believe in but it was just finished.

Comment

FWIW, I last participated in 2005, and that was with just a script, and me as the writer only. I posted seeking others' opinions in hopes of getting a fresher perspective.

I submitted this year as a writer/director. I could have named some other key crew but decided not to bother since I don't believe the inclusion would make my project any more attractive. But I am just guessing at that, so do with my approach what you will.

Comment

I was selected for Emerging Narrative twice. It's a wonderful program and I recommend applying. Most of the folks who do take part are hyphenates, though there are some writers not looking to direct, but they are few. Last time I was there, someone immediately got representation and sold a script, all within months. That's not usually what happens, but there are good opportunities to make contacts, even if your script doesn't get picked up.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to answer one question. Preproduction has nothing to do with Emerging Narrative. It's about the scripts.

Comment

Working...
              X