No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything is a Remix

http://www.everythingisaremix.info/?p=58

Not that we need telling... but interesting seeing those Star Wars examples side-by-side.

Re: Everything is a Remix

"sympathetic white people" lmao

it seems he is degrading star wars because of its influences like THE HIDDEN FORTRESS? i cant think of a movie off the top of my head that doesnt in some slight way reference another

i think this is the guy who also has a review of 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY where he bashes it for being boring and showing too viel landscape
    Originally posted by Great White Mark
    Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

I had a quiet chuckle when I saw the DONATE page...
      I wanna tell you about the time I almost died....

Comment

Thanks for that link. It made me feel a LOT better about how tough it is to come up with an "original" idea for a film story.

The point I took from it was: don't even try, it's all been done before. Just try to come up with a good version of a good story that's been done before, but with your own particular take (which, hopefully, hasn't been done before).

Comment

Originally posted by Cioccolato View Post
          Thanks for that link. It made me feel a LOT better about how tough it is to come up with an "original" idea for a film story.

The point I took from it was: don't even try, it's all been done before. Just try to come up with a good version of a good story that's been done before, but with your own particular take (which, hopefully, hasn't been done before).
          Version. Yes.

The really funny thing is when somebody says, "Hey, your story's just like Terminator, from 1984," with your response being that, "Well, no, my story's actually more like Cyborg 2087, from 1966, and what does that suggest to you about Terminator?!"

Comment

"Don't even try" is a bad point to take away from anything.

I don't know. I don't disagree with the thesis statement but I think this guy cherry picked his argument. "It's impossible to think of something original. Look, STAR WARS didn't!"

OK man, do MULHOLLAND DR. next.

Comment

There are new discoveries and inventions everyday.

Anyone of these things can be turned into a movie.

It's really up to the decision makers to go out on a limb and make something different instead of making the same exact films again and again under different names.

Jeff Shurtleff
              "Some men see things the way they are and say why? I see things that never were and say, why not?"

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...4669871&v=info

Comment

Working...
              X