No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones (New Trailer)

Originally posted by TATAM78 View Post
    I don't see how the Alsatian or German Shepherd is the closest thing to a direwolf, surely it is a husky or malamute.

I have a husky and they don't look like Huskies, they have very large, wide noses. I can only assume they are a cross breed.

Apparently they were rescue dogs, and Sansa's dog ( BTW I named my 9 month old daughter, Sansa) 'Lady' was actually adopted by the actress.

Well...maybe if you read the link you would. They were bred specifically to look like and have a similar build to the Dire Wolf, so I'm guessing "genetics" is how.

Comment

ok so i'm sold on this show. i also loved those dogs. lots of tension and conflict building.
      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

that kid playing Joffrey is perfect. As soon as he comes on screen you just want to punch him in the face. The right mix of arrogance, cruelty and cowardice.

and i LOL'd when someone told me Catelyn should star in her own show "CSI: Winterfell". If only she'd had a DNA sample to test against that long strand of hair she'd found. Damn those dirty Lannisters.

And dire wolves are cool. Can't wait to see Ghost (Jon's albino) when he's fully grown.
        Aiming for mediocrity and falling well short =)

Comment

Originally posted by habronic View Post
          that kid playing Joffrey is perfect. As soon as he comes on screen you just want to punch him in the face. The right mix of arrogance, cruelty and cowardice.

and i LOL'd when someone told me Catelyn should star in her own show "CSI: Winterfell". If only she'd had a DNA sample to test against that long strand of hair she'd found. Damn those dirty Lannisters.

And dire wolves are cool. Can't wait to see Ghost (Jon's albino) when he's fully grown.
          Agree, that Joffrey makes Justin Bieber look likeable.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
            Well...maybe if you read the link you would. They were bred specifically to look like and have a similar build to the Dire Wolf, so I'm guessing "genetics" is how.
            The comparison I made was re: the dogs on the show, they don't look like Alsatians, more like a Husky cross bred of some sort. The big snouts look 'Alsatian like' so maybe that was what was bred with a Husky, but looking at those dogs the dominant breed looks like a husky.
            I wanna tell you about the time I almost died....

Comment

Originally posted by habronic View Post

Yea that kid looks really annoying or like he could be really annoying. Perfect cast. Another great addition to the cast is the midget...forget his name....but ever since I saw him on an episode of Nip Tuck (screwing Shawn's wife) I knew he could act. I can tell he's got some acting chops and I'm glad to see him get some more shine.
              One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Peter Dinklage. Tyrione is probably the most interesting character in the entire series and it's perfect casting.
                Aiming for mediocrity and falling well short =)

Comment

Last night's eppy was very good. A bit more slow paced than the previous--but a lot of information and set-up. Very ominous tone and a great sense of foreboding on the part of Sean Bean.
                  Last edited by LIMAMA; 05-02-2011, 09:05 AM. Reason: me
                  http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                    Last night's eppy was very good. A bit more slow paced than the previous--but a lot of information and set-up. Very ominous tone and a great sense of foreboding on the part of Sean Bean.
                    Yep, they needed to provide some info, I have read the books but my wife hasn't so I have had to fill her in a little bit along the way.

There are alot of characters to get to know and I don't think the show will be able to spend the amount of time the books did to set them all up.

But so far so good.

Comment

best episode so far for me. dont feel like too much exposition being crammed. characters to follow were clear. the unlikable are growing into the opposite. some tense moments like with emilia clarke and her brother. and best of all, didnt have to see anyone/or puppy die!

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
                        best episode so far for me. dont feel like too much exposition being crammed. characters to follow were clear. the unlikable are growing into the opposite. some tense moments like with emilia clarke and her brother. and best of all, didnt have to see anyone/or puppy die!
                        That's the best thing about this story, nobody is untouchable, any character no matter how important they seem can be eliminated in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
                          didnt have to see anyone/or puppy die!
                          poor wolf pups. somebody should stand up for them.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Last night eppy...AWESOME!!!

I fear for Sean Bean. This is such a great character...

SPOILER ALERT

YA KEEP GOING

NOT READY YET

If they follow the books, Ned is going to lose his head. Poor Sean!

http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

This past episode was actually pretty laden with too much setup and exposition. I guess it'll fit in somewhere later but seems that's all this episode was for. Could've used more scenes like the end. And I'm guessing the barbarian queen and their horde will be on the road for nearly the entire season.

Comment

They shied away from the book quite a bit in this episode, but one scene really bothered me in particular. That was the scene were Little Finger told Sansa about the Hound's backstory. That was supposed to be revealed by The Hound himself and really sets up a lot of sympathy for the character that we may never see now. Poorly done, in my opinion, but otherwise the show has been wonderful.
                                Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                                Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X