Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robert Rodriguez to reboot Predator.

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
    No, it's an origin story of how the predator trained with the best predators of the galaxy to become the ultimate killing machine we know and love.
    LOL, I can see the huge difference between that and a Predator prequel.

Comment

A Predator remake sounds like the best idea since World War I.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
        Well I was 9 years old when I saw Predator 2, so I might be remembering the movie as being better than it was. I've noticed that happening a lot lately - movies i loved as a kid just plane SUCK now.

But don't take away P2 from me. It was good, wasn't it? Wasn't it???
        I wasn't even referring to P2. I liked it. The one thing I didn't like was the scene with Danny Glover on the alien ship, where he comes upon the trophy skull of the creature from Alien. That tiny easter egg unleashed upon the world the AVP films. Those are the bad sequels that I had in mind.
        Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
        Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
        Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post
          The first Predator is GREAT! It's one of my favorite movies! I just don't see how they can top that.
          I have to agree..

I saw it again recently in HD on Sky TV over here in the UK.. I recorded it to watch when I could have a little time to myself and enjoy it and I really did enjoy watching the movie after not seeing it for years..

A real simple but effective concept..

"If it bleeds, we can kill it..."

Screenwriters can take a lot from a simple but effective concept like PREDATOR.. I think it does exactly what it says on the tin.. Nothing wrong with that.. Bet it made a bunch of money originally too..

Not surprised they want to reboot it.. What it'll turn out like is anybody's guess? If anything any remake must bring something outstanding to the table to top the first one otherwise why bother..

Comment

I see Dean, you were referring to the horrible garbage that is AVP, (the second was better than the first).

Somehow, mentally, I had separated those movies from the Predator series. I refuse to think of them as belonging to the same franchise.

In that case the Predator series does fit under my earlier post - a franchise that's gone horribly wrong. A R.R. reboot might be just the thing.

Comment

Rodriguez will be producing and co-directing while working on his next film, Nerveracker. They're looking to add a director and writer to work on PREDATORS.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40879

Comment

Working...
              X