Orphan Black on BBC America: Damn...what a premise.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Orphan Black on BBC America: Damn...what a premise.

Originally posted by DerringerHenry View Post
    Well, season 2 certainly started off running. Good stuff.
    Amen. The end of that ep stunned me.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Any thoughts on the season finale?
      "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Anjel View Post
        Any thoughts on the season finale?
        I wasn't surprised that male clones would be introduced and that the military would be involved. All in all, it was a pretty solid wrap-up (the clone dancing was sweet).
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the finale.

Obvious spoiler warnings below.

The intro (cutting between something in the future and the present) was just confusing .. but I can see why the did it - to build up the massive 'all is lost' moment.

But then our hero just walks out of the villain's lair half way through the episode ? Not because of any cleverness that she did - she surrendered .. literally just gave up, but then someone else working for the villain said "Nah - don't worry. I'll let you go." So she walked out? Seriously? (OK - one of her sisters did something clever...but it wasn't the person who was in danger.)

That's not the high point of a drama. It's a disappointing point in a drama.

The big reveal at the end (that there are other clones) didn't really have much impact on me. Why should it? It doesn't really affect our hero. She wants to keep her daughter safe and save her dying sister. That's her mission. Anything else is just window dressing.

So it's cool that they've introduced new characters for next season .. but did we get to experience why this would be a danger to what she wants? If anything it simplifies it - there's another group that is much more advanced and organised. That means that she's automatically less 'special'.

I know - I'm probably grumpy but it just didn't live up to how well the first episode of the first season opened.
          New blogposts:
          *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
          *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
          *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
          *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Originally posted by Mac H. View Post
            I wasn't a fan of the finale.

Obvious spoiler warnings below.

The intro (cutting between something in the future and the present) was just confusing .. but I can see why the did it - to build up the massive 'all is lost' moment.

But then our hero just walks out of the villain's lair half way through the episode ? Not because of any cleverness that she did - she surrendered .. literally just gave up, but then someone else working for the villain said "Nah - don't worry. I'll let you go." So she walked out? Seriously? (OK - one of her sisters did something clever...but it wasn't the person who was in danger.)

That's not the high point of a drama. It's a disappointing point in a drama.

The big reveal at the end (that there are other clones) didn't really have much impact on me. Why should it? It doesn't really affect our hero. She wants to keep her daughter safe and save her dying sister. That's her mission. Anything else is just window dressing.

So it's cool that they've introduced new characters for next season .. but did we get to experience why this would be a danger to what she wants? If anything it simplifies it - there's another group that is much more advanced and organised. That means that she's automatically less 'special'.

I know - I'm probably grumpy but it just didn't live up to how well the first episode of the first season opened.
            The fact that there's the military's using clone technology does endanger Sarah, Kyra and the others because they (the military) are hoping to exploit Dyad's own tech for their own gain. That's why Paul was a double agent.

Comment

Working...
            X