Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reader's comment

Somehow, I always believed that dialogue should be punchy, original, short, and most importantly nothing like 100% correct grammatics.
    'Short and punchy' does not mean language that is inconsistent with native-speaker use.

'Call ambulance' is simply not the way that a speaker of English would ever speak unless he was dying or was otherwise unable to get all the words out. It would always be 'call an ambulance'.

For the subtleties of definite and indefinite articles (the, a/an), you just have to read English literature and pay close attention to the use and burn it into your brain.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Who are the mods?

I forget how to use a message board.

When I compulsively check in, I can't get the threads to refresh. "New posts" doesn't do it nor does going to "today's posts" in quick links

Why can't life be better? Why must I feel such pain in my membrane?

Comment

Originally posted by BattleDolphinZero View Post
        Who are the mods?

I forget how to use a message board.

When I compulsively check in, I can't get the threads to refresh. "New posts" doesn't do it nor does going to "today's posts" in quick links

Why can't life be better? Why must I feel such pain in my membrane?
        See my post on this here.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
        X