X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCARE ME !!!!!!!!!!!! [Writing Exercise]

You can do it, Pike!
    It's just 8 pages or less.
    Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

I sometimes say, okay.... just two characters...
      who are they?
      The setting?
      Then have them pick a dispute or fight, such as disagreements, girl-chat, how to solve a problem and then just go from there really, with a few descriptive details [paired down...] and a sort of twist or obstacle or reversal in the end.
      Just trying to provide some inspiration, we all do our own thing but this was done really quickly, it just shows, probably a bit naff, but you know?

"HOT APRIL"

MIKEY
      You did it Scott!

SCOTT
      Yeah, damn straight...

MIKEY
      Yeah all those cool dudes who went after her.

BILLY
      Yeah, way to go Scotty, you showed 'em all.

SCOTT
      But guys...

MIKEY
      I just loved the way Bruiser tried out his best one liners and she blew him away with that icey look.

BILLY
      And Dirtbag-Dobson, turned crimson when she said he looked like a pineapple with hair.

SCOTT
      Guys....

MIKEY
      When you seein' her next?

BILLY
      Yeah, when's the big night?

SCOTT
      GUYS!!!

MIKEY
      No need to shout dude.

BILLY
      Yeah, there's no need to-

SCOTT
      I've decided.... well, after all that.... you know.... the long months of planning, the nights up at the drawing board you guys put in.... when Operation Acquire April was just a glint in the eye... that, well.... that she's probably, ha-ha, you know, just not my type dudes!

PAUSE.

Sorry.

SILENCE.

Last edited by The Road Warrior; 03-29-2017, 03:16 AM.
      Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Mystery Entrant, you're out there, you were nearly part of this, you are reading this now, you may have entered but didn't for some reason, you're not out of this, not yet anyway... just 3 pages or so is required.

I DARE YOU...

ENTER NOW...

reveal thyself, Mystery Entrant, or Entrants, a few days to go, that's forever, bang out an entry, get it in by the midnight deadline, April 1st, don't tell anybody you are there, just send the entry to dpat using the email address that has appeared in this and many other competitions
        Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Well, I entered one. Hope it's not too nauseating.
          STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

5 entries received thus far!

It's not too late!

Maximum 8 pages, can be shorter
            Export a PDF and send to dpaterson57 at gmail.com

Or PM me if you can't PDF and need to send it in another format. PDF is just a handy lowest common denominator since every app can make one.

Comment

Haven't been to the done deal forum in a while...

Happened to come across this -- nice to see the writing exercises/contests are still in order.
              In fact, I was about to contribute but then realized this last short I wrote is a bit too long for this.
              And we're going to be filming it, so I don't know how keen the others would be on me publishing it here.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say "keep on keepin' on" folks.
              INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
              Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

I didn't make it. I'm sorry. Last month turned out to be a lot busier than expected.

I tried to do it in a final dash last night but the story decided to veer off in a completely different direction. More cute than scary.

Comment

Pike, sorry to hear you couldn't make it.
                  Regarding the theme, nobody said it had to be scary. The theme was "scare me", now you take that however you want. It could even be a comedy, why not?
                  Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

Welcome back Dr Gonzo - best of luck with your filming.

Pike.... don't sweat it, thanks for trying to get one in, we've all been there.

Hey, let's also not sweat putting the entries up today, it's Sunday, just leave it to the beginning of the week, and see where we are then.... we can put them all up on Monday forwards+, no big rush here, if Dpat is okay with that?

He's our esteemed putter-upperer....

I wanted to get my second script rewritten, who knows, maybe some time will open up today, doubt it, but you never know. Anybody else who is still tinkering, there's always tonight or today to finish up folks.

We've moved the deadline back and forth so many times, one more move forwards by a day should be survivable.

Keeps it all neat and tidy.

Comment

• Re: SCARE ME !!!!!!!!!!!! [Writing Exercise]

We shouldn't extend anymore. We had plenty of time this time, let's call it a day.
                      How many submissions we got? 4? 5? I guess it's enough.

Comment

I just meant, make the deadline Sunday eve, midnight, to get the good ole weekend out of the way.

Comment

I've sent my second script/entry in. Didn't think that would happen. Phew.

I may typo check both it and my first entry, in the morning; both must be full of typos because they are effectively first drafts, written quickly, with some minor changes made when I had time to run through them.

Comment

6 entries received.

I'm gonna post 'em tomorrow morning, so anything else I find in my inbox first thing will be added then also.

Comment

Considering everything, 6 entries are not that bad

Comment

Sent my final drafts, adjusted for typos.

Let's see what the final count is, six... or more?

Comment

Working...
                                X