Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmen Future Past

Saw this on Friday. Dull storyline as expected.

But that portal stuff with Blink vs the sentinels is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long, long time. I was actually mindblown. I can't think of a single film/TV show that's ever done an effect like that. I was reading an article about one of the visual effects guys saying they had to design that whole thing from scratch because it had simply never been done before. There wasn't a template to follow.

super cool stuff.

Re: Xmen Future Past

I enjoyed it. Wish there was more character development though. None of the big emotional beats felt earned by anything other than plot and explosions. Also, I have a natural aversion to problems that could be solved by simply communicating a little better. The villain wasn't really the villain, it was people not stopping for five seconds to listen to reason.
    @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The portals were a homage (hopefully) to the portal video game series. I agree, that was the coolest element. In fact, all the future scenes were epic.

As for the story, I also felt it was a bit dull. Duller then the hairstyles. The second act felt sluggish. Like they were killing time to get to the end. And Wolverine didn't have enough to do. He has tremendous screen presence, but he wasn't the protag. It just felt "wrong" to me.
      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Haven't seen this one yet but I do think First Class was the best of the bunch.

Was the return of Bryan Singer a mistake?
        Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
          Was the return of Bryan Singer a mistake?
          Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
            I do think First Class was the best of the bunch.
            I completely disagree. I don't remember a thing about that movie. X2 on the other hand...

Comment

So far people have told me to wait for Netflix on this one. I was already iffy about it as soon as I saw they would be using time travel as part of the plot....those types of plots seem to be hit or miss.
              One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

The visuals during the Future Battles are the only draw of the film for me. The Past story was almost like watching Xmen First Class.

Acting was good, storyline was extremely predictable.

Comment

The film was solid. Not as good as First Class, but really enjoyable. The multiple characters were juggled very well and though the overall character interaction wasn't as good as the last film, everybody was given something to work through. The best part was definitely Quicksilver. I'm tempted to go see the movie again just for his sequence.
                  Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                    The best part was definitely Quicksilver. I'm tempted to go see the movie again just for his sequence.
                    Agreed.

But I'm sure it'll be on Youtube shortly so save your money.

Comment

Quicksilver stole the movie. That scene was amazing. They need more Quicksilver in the sequel.

The battle in the future was crack. I want to see more Colossus in the sequel.

Comment

I loved it. I only wish it were a bit longer so Xavier and Magneto could have had more time together.

Comment

The only problem with quicksilver is that he can singlehandedly solve every conflict. He can just race up to Magneto, steal his helmet, and that's the end of it. I doubt we'll see much more of him.
                          I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                            The only problem with quicksilver is that he can singlehandedly solve every conflict. He can just race up to Magneto, steal his helmet, and that's the end of it. I doubt we'll see much more of him.
                            I kept on thinking "Why did they leave Quicksilver behind when they went off to Paris?" Paris would have gone a lot better with him there...

Comment

I understand logically what you are saying about Quicksilver and how he appears too powerful. But they'll have to find a way to neutralize some of his powers. Because he has to be prominent in the next movie. His scenes were the best in this movie. And his presence was missed the rest of the way.

I was really impressed with the actor they chose to play Quicksilver. I think the Avengers should scrap their Quicksilver, I doubt he'll match up to this performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X