Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoJo Rabbit

Even if you think Nazis and Hitler are worthy of a comedic sendup (not really my personal take on WWII and the Holocaust), Taika Watiti's satire felt mostly toothless to me. In the same vein as the ironic improv-y humor of his vampire mockumentary, What We Do In The Shadows, here it ends up making the Third Reich mere buffoons and, maybe more importantly, their anti-semitic propaganda part of the joke. The movie's heart is in the right place but even the ending felt less than earned.

Re: JoJo Rabbit

The trailer is not looking so great to me, and it's a big shame.

I saw Boy in the early '10s and was blown away by it. Then came the vampire film, which I thought was a bit too corny. Then Wilderpeople which had an incredible opening and tossed it away on a predictable duration. And Ragnarok was just ... I couldn't finish it. Not least of which because none of the effects looked finished, but also the nails-on-a-chalkboard writing.

I really thought this guy was going to go onto great things. He's got a cult fanbase behind him, but he lost me. Waiting for streaming on this one.

Comment

loved this movie. Funny and quirky but also pretty intense at times. Great cast and recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by medic1 View Post
        loved this movie. Funny and quirky but also pretty intense at times. Great cast and recommend it.

Yeah, it's one of my favorites so far. Loved the final scene.

Comment

Working...
        X