Imagine Impact Using AI to Select Candidates...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imagine Impact Using AI to Select Candidates...

A lot of those loglines don't appeal to me, but I didn't read any of the work so who knows? At least they're trying something to make room at the table, and paying the writers 40k regardless of a sale. Free to enter, to boot. Name one other production company that's doing anything similar -- you can't, because they aren't.

11k scripts entered is staggering. The odds are in no ones favor. Tons of great stuff won't get read at all.

But on the other hand -- I can't even get a manager to read me, but before Impact, I had four scripts read by Imagine. That wasn't because of a referral -- that was from cold querying. From that experience, to me they do seem pro-writer. Or at least not anti-writer.

Comment

Re: Imagine Impact Using AI to Select Candidates...

Originally posted by figment View Post
      A lot of those loglines don't appeal to me, but I didn't read any of the work so who knows? At least they're trying something to make room at the table, and paying the writers 40k regardless of a sale. Free to enter, to boot. Name one other production company that's doing anything similar -- you can't, because they aren't.

11k scripts entered is staggering. The odds are in no ones favor. Tons of great stuff won't get read at all.

But on the other hand -- I can't even get a manager to read me, but before Impact, I had four scripts read by Imagine. That wasn't because of a referral -- that was from cold querying. From that experience, to me they do seem pro-writer. Or at least not anti-writer.
      All good points! I will still apply next round, even with my reservations. Lightning does strike. I am going to say something on social media, or even email, where I explicitly challenge them to taking on one 40+ candidate who doesn't already have reps/experience. Someone who has segued into screenwriting from another career. Let's track that candidate through a cycle.

Comment

Working...
      X