This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Picking Right Idea

Cyfress has really brought the rest of us together. Me and SC and that idiot Bono.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      Yes I have ideas on that. I'm just being modest. Figured some man on here should try that. Boom!
      Mr. Mom during a blackout? That should be crazy.
      Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

The 85 hours of this thread has made me stop writing the thing I was currently starting to write.

It's not "enough" idea-wise, and I knew that, but I didn't want to know that, you know?

So now I'm back at square one. Blah.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
          Cyfress has really brought the rest of us together. Me and SC and that idiot Bono.
          Cue: Angels sing.
          Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
            The 85 hours of this thread has made me stop writing the thing I was currently starting to write.

It's not "enough" idea-wise, and I knew that, but I didn't want to know that, you know?

I know. Been there.

Great things happen from square one.
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post

Like FA4 said, been there. At the time when I had a rep, and years before a movie with the same title I used came out (Daddy's Home), I was trying to break a script about an uptight guy dealing with his low-level mafioso father who came out of witness protection to reunite with him -- while the son was in the midst of running for mayor of a small town.

It seemed to have potential but I couldn't see my way past lapsing into worn out tropes. There wasn't enough there to make it fresh.
              Last edited by sc111; 08-05-2020, 02:12 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Throwing one on the Idea Is King pile: took out a short story last week. Three A listers circling now. 4000 words. I'm not Stephen King. But the idea is great. (I'd humbly submit) There's certainly going to be more of this idea hitting the market. But I think I'm first.

Comment

I let Jeff be a d!ck long before I started. But now that I'm giving him a taste of his own medicine everyone is in an uproar. Is Jeff winning SC? Yea? See, you should thank me cause now King Tastycake knows who you are. That's what I love about you SC, you're so impartial.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
                    I let Jeff be a d!ck long before I started. But now that I'm giving him a taste of his own medicine everyone is in an uproar. Is Jeff winning SC? Yea? See, you should thank me cause now King Tastycake knows who you are. That's what I love about you SC, you're so impartial.
                    Huh? Who is King Tastycake?

Comment

You're not that bright if you can't figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
                        You're not that bright if you can't figure it out.
                        And there it is: the personal jab.

Comment

Right, you're late to the game. Jeff took it here and I jumped in the mud with him. He's called me plenty of things but the jewels on his ring just blind you so much that you can't see it.

Go back to the beginning of the thread and track my contributions and see when this all started. I mean if you really care to know the truth. But if you're looking to use me as a way to sidle up to Jeff then you're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
                            Huh? Who is King Tastycake?
                            Google is your friend.

Comment

Now, class... your assignment is written on the chalkboard: (reading assignment). Pop quiz later this week!
                              “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
                                Did my plan work? Am I now writing for season 2 of Jeff’s show? Oh crap I said the quiet part out loud.

Comment

Working...
                                X