No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hurt Locker

I just saw it.

What an incredible war film. Easily one of the best I have seen. The tension in this thing...boy howdy...what a nerve wracking film to watch.

Anyone else seen it?

Oh, and Jeremy Renner was f*cking fantastic.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Re: The Hurt Locker

I saw it & agree with you.

Comment

Looking forward to it. I'm a big Kathryn Bigelow fan, and Renner's been killin' it with Jesse James and The Unusuals.
      "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
      - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

I've been wanting to see this ever since I saw the trailer.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/summit/thehurtlocker/

Comment

Heard about it online some time back; saw the trailer On Demand, which solidified by desire to see it. Looks fantastic. Glad to see Bigelow returning to the big screen. She's one of the few female directors that can stage action with the best of the big boys....

Comment

Saw it last night...

Personally, I think it's one of the greatest war movies ever made.
            NOTES / COVERAGE
            15,000+ Screenplays
            [email protected]

Comment

http://www.hulu.com/watch/81586/movi...ening-sequence

Comment

Definitely one of the ten Best Picture noms. I hope Renner gets nominated for too. Great, great film.
                "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
                - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

I saw this film tonight. Very well done--it does a great job keeping the tension running. Not much of a story, though. Just looking at the characters and the situations they're forced into.

Comment

I just got back from seeing this at the gorgeous Mayan Theatre in downtown Denver.

And this thread makes me mad. Once upon a time, we would get in-depth and really discuss the films we love. Break down characters, share the inspiration of it. So far, this thread's just "great movie!" posts.

Let's talk.

***SPOILERS AHEAD, ME HEARTIES, ARRRR....***

I can't remember the before-movie-quote having as much relevance as it did in this film. But the greatest part of the writing here, in addition to Renner's Oscar-worthy performance, was its refusal to make William one-note. He had a real code about him, an honor. He wasn't simply a war addict.

The most telling moment of the film for me in this regard was the sniper scene. Not only was it a great character scene in general, with Sanborn and William and Owen all growing together (i.e. Owen's shot at the insurgent on the tracks), but the most standout moment for me was William handing Sanborn the juice as he did.

Great supporting cast, too - in the opening, I sat up and thought "Is... is that Guy Pearce?" and then again, later... "Whoa, Ralph Fiennes."

Much of the movie was almost - *almost* - episodic. And each one managed to be wonderfully original in a genre that's hurting for originality.
                    Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

I have to say that I loved Renner in this. I really can't wait to see what other work he has after this, because I'm sure he'll get some great calls.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                        I have to say that I loved Renner in this. I really can't wait to see what other work he has after this, because I'm sure he'll get some great calls.
                        No joke. Just an awesome performance.
                        Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

Fantastic film. Tension was amazing. Renner was amazing.
                          I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

the tension was amazing. why? b/c we had guy pearce in a suit and he still got killed. and then fiennes was killed within his 5 minutes. we just didn't know if and when he would get it. he's the type of character that would choke to death on a box of cap n crunch while playing around with his kid and his kid not even realizing that daddy's NOT playing dead.

Comment

Working...
                            X