Anyone have experience with Bohemia Group?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone have experience with Bohemia Group?

I appreciate the kind words. It's basically a press release trying to drum up support and exposure for the project.

Comment

By the way, the top prize for the Scriptapalooza contest is a meeting with Justin Ross of the Bohemia Group. I had no clue who that was until I clicked on this thread. Is Scriptapalooza worth entering?

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
        By the way, the top prize for the Scriptapalooza contest is a meeting with Justin Ross of the Bohemia Group. I had no clue who that was until I clicked on this thread. Is Scriptapalooza worth entering?
        As rule of thumb is that anybody who is selling their access like that is also otherwise accessible. If you have something that's right for a company, don't enter a contest where winning gets you read by the company - try to find a direct route to the person at the company you're trying to reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
          Justin's listed on the Virtual Pitchfest site - he's looking for features, TV and web series in all genres. They guarantee responses within 5 business days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronaldinho View Post
            As rule of thumb is that anybody who is selling their access like that is also otherwise accessible. If you have something that's right for a company, don't enter a contest where winning gets you read by the company - try to find a direct route to the person at the company you're trying to reach.
            Great advice. Thanks. I wasn't really going to contact Bohemia Group, just curious who they were. But, I am curious about Scriptapalooza and what it can do for a writer - it lists the grand prize as a meeting with this guy.

Comment

My experience with Justin has been excellent. I sent out some queries on virtualpitchfest.com (Bohemia wasn't one of them) and since a number of people responded I was put on the "hotlist". I think when you get put on that list the title of your script and logline gets sent out to all the participating managers, producers, etc. Justin contacted me and my writing partner after reading the script, we met with him, and ultimately signed. He's got connections, is very good about e mails, etc and I told him I'm buying him a drink when our script sells. Bohemia has been in talent representation for a long time but is now expanding into development so I think (and hope) our script is a priority for the company and ultimately a calling card. I should mention that we met with a very high profile manager during this process and this guy talked a mile a minute and promised us the world. Then, four days later e mailed me at midnight and basically took back everything he said at our hour and a half meeting. I think it's going to work out for the best. That's just my story (a shortened version)... I'm sure there's a thousand more like it.

Comment

I had a phone meeting with Justin and he seemed really nice and knowledgable. I already have a manager, so ultimately my manager didn't want to sign a shopping agreement with him since he was asking for 10 percent (acting as a 2nd manager) and she said she could get it to the same people as him. He was very gracious so I hope I didn't burn any bridges!!

Comment

This is a separate question, not about the Bohemia Group.

When you guys encountered a manager you didn't want to sign with, but had a different manager you were aiming for....how did you handle it without burning bridges?

Comment

Working...
                  X