No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contest Ranking

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
    I find no point entering this. 125 bucks with 600 contestants (a lot of them pros) and 8 spots up for grabs?
    To each their own... but I doubt a lot of pros are entering contests... If you look at trackingb's most recent TV contest, I don't see any pros among the winners.

Comment

Maybe, there should be a 2017 ranking. I'm sure the ranking has changed based on certain contests yielding more consistent results than others.

Comment

Nicholl, PAGE, possibly Austin and (coming up quickly) ScreenCraft.

(I don't consider TrackingB because their process of judging seems opaque to me, and the price is out of line. Personal decision.)

From my own experience: If you win the contest or in some cases make the finals, results can happen. Anything less is basically a pat on the back, and the industry (unspoken) response will be, "Your script was not good enough to win." Sure, there will be the occasional outlier -- the script that was only a semifinalist that got a manager, etc. -- but I'm referring to genuine industry acknowledgement, which goes to winners.

So before spending money to enter even these four contests, which have prestige and are run with integrity, ask yourself, "Is my script good enough to win? Really?" One way to evaluate that is to read scripts. Lots of them. Contest winners when you can get a hold of them, produced scripts, Academy Award nominees. And then go back and re-read your own script.

If you want to take your chances, go ahead and do so. But be realistic about what placing in the SFs or QFs can accomplish for you.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Working...
        X