FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #31
sbbn
Regular

Default Re: Black List 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridlock'd View Post
Nah, I'm reading it now. Digging it.

I read that one about Jurrassic Park called...uh, "Jurrasic Park." Gotta say, well structured but really boring. Title should have tipped me off to the level of creativity.
Haven't read Jurassic Park - when I saw the logline I was a bit puzzled as to how they could make that interesting... well, I guess the answer is they didn't.

Post what you thought of Moon Disaster when you finish - I loved it.
sbbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #32
Cayden Black
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbn View Post
Haven't read Jurassic Park - when I saw the logline I was a bit puzzled as to how they could make that interesting... well, I guess the answer is they didn't.

Post what you thought of Moon Disaster when you finish - I loved it.

Your enthusiam for "In the Event of a Moon Disaster" prompted me to read it. Just finished it. And first, I must admit that I usually have to force myself to read, but your endorsement was enough.

It was an enjoyable read. The rise and fall of the conflicts. The opening description was a nice draw in. The descriptions overall were good. The dialogue and I believed the inner conflict of the characters. Real nice read.

Anymore recommendations?
Cayden Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #33
sbbn
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayden Black View Post
Your enthusiam for "In the Event of a Moon Disaster" prompted me to read it. Just finished it. And first, I must admit that I usually have to force myself to read, but your endorsement was enough.

It was an enjoyable read. The rise and fall of the conflicts. The opening description was a nice draw in. The descriptions overall were good. The dialogue and I believed the inner conflict of the characters. Real nice read.

Anymore recommendations?
Awesome, I'm glad to hear you liked it! I know not everyone is going to share the opinions I have of what I read but I'm glad to hear that my recommendation was helpful.

I'll have to think about other scripts I've read lately that I've enjoyed. I'm just slowly working my way through this years blacklist. Many of them I'm familiar with but (surprisingly, compared to last year) I haven't read many of them at the time the list came out. Others on the list I've read didn't do much for me (with the exception of The Imitation Game, which I thought was an enjoyable read).

Not on the list but one I enjoyed was Argo. I think it's on last year's list if I remember correctly but I just got around to reading it recently. The subject matter didn't seem all that exciting but once I got into the script I found it very well written and very enjoyable.
sbbn is offline   Reply With Quote