Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #11
Terri
User

Default Re: Advice on queries

Thanks everyone.

Only thing is, I do mention my location on my website. I guess I'll take that down.... since they can easily Google me and find my site.
Oh and also, my cornpone TN address on the covers of all my scripts... guess I'll have to take those out too. :/

EDIT::
Here's the link to the podcast episode: http://www.scriptsandscribes.com/201...th-scott-carr/
Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:00 PM   #12
Friday

What do you put in the subject line for an email query? Does anyone have any examples of what an email query looks like?

I'm just curious how well queries have worked for members of this forum...how many people responded versus the number of queries sent out.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:05 AM   #13
ducky1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
What do you put in the subject line for an email query? Does anyone have any examples of what an email query looks like?

I'm just curious how well queries have worked for members of this forum...how many people responded versus the number of queries sent out.
When I used to send queries I would just put the title of the project in the subject line.

Writer on a cable drama.
ducky1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:44 AM   #14
Friday

Thanks Ducky. Was querying useful? I wonder how many top managers actually respond to queries.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:00 AM   #15
ducky1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Thanks Ducky. Was querying useful? I wonder how many top managers actually respond to queries.
I was read by 3-6 every time but ultimately found my managers through referral. That was a couple years ago and I don't know if reps still request at the same rate due to television seasons taking up a majority of their year with current clients and potential clients through referrals.

Never know though.

Writer on a cable drama.
ducky1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:57 AM   #16
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky1288 View Post
I was read by 3-6 every time but ultimately found my managers through referral. That was a couple years ago and I don't know if reps still request at the same rate due to television seasons taking up a majority of their year with current clients and potential clients through referrals.

Never know though.
Thanks Ducky.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #17
CrissCross
Regular

If you send out 10 queries you will get 2-3 responses back and one will most likely request the material. That's pretty much the law of averages. But when you send out the queries you have to tailor each query to that specific person. Do your homework because if you can't send a good query no one will trust you doing the proper work on writing a script.
CrissCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #18
KitesAreFun
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky1288 View Post
When I used to send queries I would just put the title of the project in the subject line.
Same here. I used to put "Query: [Name of Script]" as the subject line. When I stopped doing that, my rate of reply went up dramatically.
KitesAreFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #19
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissCross View Post
If you send out 10 queries you will get 2-3 responses back and one will most likely request the material. That's pretty much the law of averages. But when you send out the queries you have to tailor each query to that specific person. Do your homework because if you can't send a good query no one will trust you doing the proper work on writing a script.
Thanks for replying. Just out of curiosity, is that rate for 10 queries to the very top managers or are the queries spread out to include smaller managers?
Old 11-20-2016, 08:44 PM   #20
Mpimentel
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitesAreFun View Post
Same here. I used to put "Query: [Name of Script]" as the subject line. When I stopped doing that, my rate of reply went up dramatically.
what do you put now?
Episode 2 (African commercial)
Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)
Mpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote