No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Query Letter Success Stories

Originally posted by muckraker View Post
    I signed with a manager off a query letter.

He proceeded to do absolutely nothing for me for the next two years except piss on my leg and tell me it was raining.
    Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. There should be an underground sharing network about managers like that. Or maybe there is on this forum and I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

This isn't TV but it does have a happy ending. Years ago I queried a woman at Benderspink, think her name was Jill but not sure. It's been awhile. Anyway, she requests to read my script, Out Party. A month later I get an email back from a guy at the company. I thought it was her assistant politely passing on my script. Instead, he tells me Jill left the company and now he's going to read my script, but I need to resubmit some release form first. So I send the form and then I hear nothing back like what always happens in this town.

But then all of a sudden, two years after I sent the script, the guy at Benderspink emails me back out of the blue, saying he really liked the script, but was just starting out at the company and didn't know what to do with it. But now he's representing a young director looking for something to shoot and thinks my script would be a good fit for him.

So I meet the director in New York (I was still living in NJ at the time, just made the move to LA eleven months ago). Anyway, we talk and we're both on the same page right away with the script. After two years and a couple of rewrites, the script gets made and the guy is still my manager today.

So keep querying and keep your head up! You never know when luck is gonna strike.

Also, if anyone is curious , the movie was released as 4th Man Out and is currently streaming on Netflix.
      Struggling with your script? Get Honest Script Notes from a Produced Screenwriter who knows how hard it is to break into the business.

Email [email protected] for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by humand View Post
        This isn't TV but it does have a happy ending. Years ago I queried a woman at Benderspink, think her name was Jill but not sure. It's been awhile. Anyway, she requests to read my script, Out Party. A month later I get an email back from a guy at the company. I thought it was her assistant politely passing on my script. Instead, he tells me Jill left the company and now he's going to read my script, but I need to resubmit some release form first. So I send the form and then I hear nothing back like what always happens in this town.

But then all of a sudden, two years after I sent the script, the guy at Benderspink emails me back out of the blue, saying he really liked the script, but was just starting out at the company and didn't know what to do with it. But now he's representing a young director looking for something to shoot and thinks my script would be a good fit for him.

So I meet the director in New York (I was still living in NJ at the time, just made the move to LA eleven months ago). Anyway, we talk and we're both on the same page right away with the script. After two years and a couple of rewrites, the script gets made and the guy is still my manager today.

So keep querying and keep your head up! You never know when luck is gonna strike.

Also, if anyone is curious , the movie was released as 4th Man Out and is currently streaming on Netflix.

I went straight to Netflix to check this out after I read your post and I was pleasantly surprised.

"Hey, did you just take a picture of me?"

Gotta hate that damn flash!

And smh... who hasn't been on the other end of catfishing!

"Then what?"

That was messed up!

Ha! Ha! Well done. Oh, and the first date farts (I know juvenile, but the reaction - one you get a pass, two lol - that was funny)! Good work. Personally I've never seen a movie done from that POV, but I liked this. This wasn't bad at all. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Cayden Black View Post
          I went straight to Netflix to check this out after I read your post and I was pleasantly surprised.

"Hey, did you just take a picture of me?"

Gotta hate that damn flash!

And smh... who hasn't been on the other end of catfishing!

"Then what?"

That was messed up!

Ha! Ha! Well done. Oh, and the first date farts (I know juvenile, but the reaction - one you get a pass, two lol - that was funny)! Good work. Personally I've never seen a movie done from that POV, but I liked this. This wasn't bad at all. Keep up the good work!
          Thanks. Glad you liked it. Trying to develop it into a TV series now, but who knows if it's gonna happen.
          Struggling with your script? Get Honest Script Notes from a Produced Screenwriter who knows how hard it is to break into the business.

Email [email protected] for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by amac View Post
            Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. There should be an underground sharing network about managers like that. Or maybe there is on this forum and I just haven't found it yet.
            Ohhhhh, I got some stories.

Comment

Working...
            X