Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Articles, Books, Blogs, Magazines, DVDs & Podcasts
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #141
Chief

Default Re: The New Black List

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc111 View Post
You know, I did think twice about the "50 years" comment but then decided to go with it. Okay -- I am converted! This is next great thing!
It is. Imagine having the highest rated script in a particular genre.

Even if you don't sell because of it, it will look great on your query letter.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #142
InfiniteJest
Regular

Imagine pounding pots of coffee and staring at the your uploaded Script's read stats for three days straight.
REFRESH...REFRESH... REFRESH...
This will give a many of us a stroke. But it'll keep me of
facebook and Tumblr. That alone, might be worth the monthly fees .
Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #143
Richmond Weems

Looks like I'm gonna skip the hookers and blow this month.

HH
Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #144
Crashlander
User

I joined. Couldn't type into the logline box for some reason, like it was inactive. No problem, I'll just edit it after signup.

YOU CAN'T EDIT AFTER SIGNUP. Now a have a script with no details hosted for $25 a month that won't get read for, in their words, "as long as a few weeks."

Me and The Black List are totally not speaking right now.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #145
Chief

I need to see some screencaps of this website.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #146
Knaight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashlander View Post
I joined. Couldn't type into the logline box for some reason, like it was inactive. No problem, I'll just edit it after signup.

YOU CAN'T EDIT AFTER SIGNUP. Now a have a script with no details hosted for $25 a month that won't get read for, in their words, "as long as a few weeks."

Did you e-mail for tech support?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #147
sc111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
It is. Imagine having the highest rated script in a particular genre.

Even if you don't sell because of it, it will look great on your query letter.
Wait a sec -- you mean I may still have to query the old fashioned way? I thought this was going to change that paradigm?

What would I write in my query:

I had the highest rated script on The New Black List and not one of the 1000 industry members who had access to it were interested. Tracking my New Black List stats, I see my script was read 30 times. But I have no idea who read it and I have no idea what they thought about it. So I'm hoping you may want to read it.

Maybe we should think this through. If you upload a script that gets no interest, it kinda-sorta may be dead, no?

I'm also thinking when you query on your own, it's real easy for a prodco or manager, or their assistants, to check the New Black List and see who may have panned it, because -- if I understand the guidelines correctly -- the comments of those who read a script are not available to the writer. Neither are the names of those who read it. Hmmm.

(Disclaimer: at this point I'm just being a contrarian while killing time until the POTUS debate starts. Seriously, if folks want to spend their money on this grand experiment -- go for it.)
Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #148
cshel

Post Re: The New Black List

Quote:

This cracked me up.

Apart from the LL glitch, I don't think the $25 fee should have to be paid until, at the very least, the evaluation is returned to you.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #149
Crashlander
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
Did you e-mail for tech support?
Yeah, you can request a change to your details. No idea how long that will take. I'm sure it's a safeguard... in case you... edit you own profile. Can you imagine the chaos? We need rules people.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #150
FranklinLeonard

Quote:

You can edit after sign up. Just click the "Edit Details" button on your script page. Let us know what needs to be changed, and we change it, almost always within twelve hours.

As for my words being "as long as a few weeks," I'm curious where you're quoting that from, because I've never described the time frame in that way. It will vary, yes, based on demand, but our current estimate is two weeks.
Closed Thread