Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shortest story time on film

What is the shortest story time of a feature film? example - Pelham 123, a few hours...?
    My first crack at a logline usually makes a great synopsis!

Re: shortest story time on film

Phone Booth?
    si

Comment

NICK OF TIME is in real time. I'm trying to remember if RUN LOLA RUN shows anything outside of the 20 minute deadline Lola is operating under. I think it does but I can't recall.

Comment

Donnie Brasco?

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1017315609/
        (joking aboutDB)
        si

Comment

The Killing. same event shown from different perspectives, so it's less than real time.
          Originally posted by Great White Mark
          Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

Well, it was a TV episode (based on Arthur C Clarke's short story) but 'All the Time in the World' was set in a few milliseconds of real time - stretched over the entire story.

I'm not sure you can get much shorter than that.

Mac
            (Yes, I know that it's cheating)
            New blogposts:
            *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
            *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
            *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
            *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

12 Angry Men, Tape

Comment

By contrast, I think 2001 might be the longest story time of a feature film. Just a guess.
                Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
                  By contrast, I think 2001 might be the longest story time of a feature film. Just a guess.
                  THE TIME MACHINE
                  WALL-E
                  A.I.

Comment

Vantage Point took place over the span of about 25 minutes.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq
                      Actually, you most likely don't understand 2001. 2001 was not really a story in conventional terms as Kubrick intended it. The monolith, in case you didn't fully understand it's meaning is a black rectangle, almost the length of a panoramic cinema screen. And there are many recurring musical pieces, one of which plays during every scene of which the monolith is featured, which the monolith sings 'heavenly voices" to the apes and the astronauts.

But, in case you didn't interpret the monolith, I would suggest you imagine it rotated on it's side. A black rectangle. Now what could that signify? You'll notice that there are two musical pieces, also "heavenly" which play over a black screen as the intermission, and the opening. But, did you ever think exactly what you are looking at? A black rectangle? You are looking at the monolith, and it is singing to you directly as it was the apes and astronauts.

The other place where we see the monolith is at the end, when it is floating above jupiter, the one time it is horizontal. This is when it matches up view with the screen, and then we cut to black? Or do we? Maybe you are staring at the monolith? And this is when the main character begins his journey to the stargate. He begins expanding his consciousness. He begins seeing streams of data as a computer would, but begins to comprehend them. Soon this data becomes smooth. He is in fact expanding his consciousness, able to view new complex creations through the power of the monolith.

So, in short, the entire film does not exist at all in a conventional story. There is no time as it isn't real. Less a dream sequence and more a puzzle and a call to expand the human mind (although most do not come close to understanding the film). Kubrick is stating that the story in itself is not real, and is a distraction from the main point of the film. To embed these visual cues with the monolith and invite the viewer to expand their mind like the main character.
                      Thanks for the lecture, professor.
                      Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                      Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

copy paste
                        Originally posted by Great White Mark
                        Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

Shortest film ever made...

Soldier Boy (film)
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier_Boy_%28film%29

Soldier Boy is a 2004 film made in the USA and directed by Les Sholes (USA). It is distinct in the fact that it, according to the 2007 edition of Guinness World Records, is the shortest classified film in history, with a running time of only 7 seconds. The story concerns a couple who were separated during World War II. It was released on 18 March 2005 at the Empire Arts Center, located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA. Soldier Boy won a certificate G.
                          Soldier Boy was shot in Grand Forks, North Dakota. It was officially certified by the Guinness Book of World Records as the "world's shortest feature film." http://fargofilmmaking.wikia.com/wiki/Soldier_Boy

Comment

Zach Galligan (from Gremlins) was on UK TV this morning, talking about a thriller he'd just made here called Cut - it has a 77 minute running time shot in one continuous take!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1390403/

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X