Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question:Search Age

I have a rather odd question...is there a way to search actors/actresses by age?

I currently have two A list actors reading my novel. I had these two in mind when I wrote the characters so once my novel was published I called their agents and sent them a free signed copy of my book.

I would like to get other ideas for actors that may fit parts in my book.

If I wanted to search for a African American actor who is in his mid 20's (or could pass for a person of that age) is there a way I could search for it? Also, if I wanted to search for a female actress (white) about the same age is there a way I could search for it?

I really just want to get some ideas. I realize if I sold my book/screenplay that casting agents/producers would do this kind of thing but this is just something I would like to do.

Thanks
    Sparks

Re: Question:Search Age

hey sparks,

can't be sure in movie world, but when I'm casting out in LA for commercial actors...the union's got some pretty stiff rules about age.

It's usually only when it's a child actor that you're allowed to ask the talent's age.

But that doesn't mean that there isn't a website that could answer this for you.

S

Comment

IMDBPro's advanced search allows you to filter by age and a variety of other things, but not ethnicity.
      Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Thanks for the tips..

Sparks

Comment

As they say, actors don't have ages, they have ranges. But seriously, most databases (IMDB, StudioSystem, even HCD) list most actor's birth dates. That's not top secret at all.

Comment

Working...
          X