Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn Weaver/Energy Entertainment

Any recent dealings? Last chat I found on here is from a few years back.

He's been topping spec sales regularly in recent years and it seems Energy's stock has really grown, although they've been accused in the past of dropping clients pretty quickly.

Anyone had any personal experiences?

Re: Brooklyn Weaver/Energy Entertainment

Originally posted by Kilg View Post
    Any recent dealings? Last chat I found on here is from a few years back.

He's been topping spec sales regularly in recent years and it seems Energy's stock has really grown, although they've been accused in the past of dropping clients pretty quickly.

Anyone had any personal experiences?
    You know what, I think he is terribly nice. I have queried him more than once and I always receive a response when I follow up with him. They have been passes but they are also extremely polite. I like that.
    writertypepeople.tumblr.com
    twitter.com/susanlbridges
    pendantaudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Susanlbridges View Post
      You know what, I think he is terribly nice. I have queried him more than once and I always receive a response when I follow up with him. They have been passes but they are also extremely polite. I like that.
      Lucky you. I've queried them a few times through the main e-mail ([email protected]) and not gotten any response. Do you e-mail him directly?

I imagine they can afford to be ultra selective since they are pretty much the top managers in terms of spec sales...
      "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Yes, I do write to him directly and copy his assistant.

And yes, I assume he's one of the busiest managers in Hollywood.
        writertypepeople.tumblr.com
        twitter.com/susanlbridges
        pendantaudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Susanlbridges View Post
          Yes, I do write to him directly and copy his assistant.

And yes, I assume he's one of the busiest managers in Hollywood.
          Good to know. Saw his e-mail on IMDB Pro; will try that.
          "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

I get the sense that even though he's extremely busy he's still relatively accessible and always seems hungry for new talent/clients...

Comment

Nice one, cheers guys.

Comment

I think Energy is always hungry for new talent. Not sure how accessible Brooklyn is directly. I get the impression that new talent come to him through the peeps working for him.

I've chatted to Angelina and have had a "hip-pocket" rep offer before. I get the feeling that's how they roll when taking new people on: work on a project together and see how things develop.

I didn't go with them in the end so can't say what it's like working with them. But Angelina was very nice and she has responded to my query emails in the past.

Comment

I know on Twitter, he periodically throws out the offer where people can pitch him with a tweet, and he will request the stuff he likes. He only gives you an hour from the time of the tweet. At least he was doing this earlier this year. He seems fairly accessible, given that he does something like this.

Comment

Can I have Angelina or Brooklyn's email address please?
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by coffeywriter View Post
                      I know on Twitter, he periodically throws out the offer where people can pitch him with a tweet, and he will request the stuff he likes. He only gives you an hour from the time of the tweet. At least he was doing this earlier this year. He seems fairly accessible, given that he does something like this.
                      Yeah, he hasn't done that for a while now.
                      @MacBullitt

Comment

Sent an email query to Brooklyn yesterday and either received an automated "this project is outside of my wheelhouse" response, or he responded immediately. His response was time-coded one minute after my email.

Instantaneous rejection!

Comment

Same here, about six months ago. Much prefer the instantaneous rejection to the silent pass though, which seems to be more and more the norm.

Comment

Make sure you take a look at the projects managers are taking on before querying. Most tend to stick to one genre.

Comment

wow he told me my logline sounded cool and I just got a read request.

Comment

Working...
                              X