Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cmmora's ScriptFever Writing Exercise

So who wants to write a new spec script? I have done this month long exercise a couple of times in the past. It has always gotten me to get off my butt and write a new spec feature.

I am thinking that the exercise will Start on February 1st (12:00am) to midnight February 28th (12:00pm). This will give us a full 28 days to complete a script.

The rules:

1. 28days (Midnight February 1st - Midnight February 28th) to write a script from scratch. 90 page minimum in any genre of your choice. No set subject or theme. Write whatever you want.

2. No prizes at the end, you can celebrate the fact that you've written a brand new screenplay in 28 days. A great accomplishment. And have a new spec to show around TOWN.

3. So start on outlining scripts (if you are into that type of thing) for the Feb. 1st start date. You have a little more than a months to get motivated.

Who is with me?
    Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Re: Cmmora's ScriptFever Writing Exercise

Bump.
    Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

the biggest problem here is the restrictions... I started a new script yesterday... I could have waited a few more days (except of course I couldn't ).
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I'm sooo doing this. I need something to get my @ss in gear

Comment

Awesome, welcome aboard nativeson.

Southern_land -- I am not dogmatic about the rules. The most important thing is to complete a script. If you started early or end late, no worries. Just use this artificial, but fun, contest as a motivational technique.

Any other victims?

Comment

Well, it looks like only you and me nativeson.

Break a QUILL.

Comment

Mmm... ok. All trade reads?

Comment

Just read Steven Pressfield's book "Turning Pro" and I think he may have been spying on me. Painfully pointing out my obvious amateur habits.

Anyway, I'm in.

28 days.

Thanks for this thread and good luck!
                Last edited by ChickenScratch; 02-01-2015, 03:52 PM. Reason: Changes

Comment

Cool another victi... participant.

Comment

Wow, how did I miss this? I've done your ScriptFever challenge every time!

What the hell, I'm in! I'm late! I need to pick a project, pronto!

Comment

All right. I'm ready. Not.

But I picked a project and have a working logline, which obvi needs work, if anyone wants to help! Way too long.

"SHE'S OUR WIFE!" by Karen Schumacher - An efficiency expert is forced to deal with her marital issues when she's arrested for polygamy. Her four husbands struggle to help win her freedom while doing her job of taking care of their ten kids and four houses, until the judge decides there must be only one husband in the marriage, and the fight is on when they realize the one might not be one of them.

Comment

That sounds cool!

Comment

Very cool Karen. I know a lot of people obsess about their loglines and want to get them perfect before they go to outline and/or script. I am not one of those people. As long as you have the idea in your head, go onto writing the script or outline. I find that my loglines don't crystallize until after I have written my script.

Well... welcome aboard. The more folks the better.

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
                            That sounds cool!
                            Thanks, ctp.

So are you writing? We never exchanged scripts officially the last two times I did this challenge, although some trading for feedback might have taken place, I don't know.

I posted my opening on the script pages section here when I finished and got helpful feedback from the larger population here.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmora View Post
                              Very cool Karen. I know a lot of people obsess about their loglines and want to get them perfect before they go to outline and/or script. I am not one of those people. As long as you have the idea in your head, go onto writing the script or outline. I find that my loglines don't crystallize until after I have written my script.

Well... welcome aboard. The more folks the better.

I just like to try and get the logline clear in my head so the story is clear in my head, and the story is a whole story, with stakes and everything, that are clear to me.

So if it makes sense to you guys, that's good enough to get going, since...

why did you pick the short month? And not even a leap year.

I've got no time to mess around with loglines. I need to move on to characters and stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X