Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Pyar Whatever - India Theatrical Trailer

Check out the Indian trailer for my directorial debut -- Love Pyar Whatever. It is an American/Bollywood movie. We are going to open in India at the end of the month. Hopefully in 50-70 theaters.

I wrote and directed this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnujbgvTfy4

As a heads up. Within the trailer is a scene (fingers) that has been denied by the censors in India. So watch this trailer before we change it out with a new version. All depends on how fast the editor can make the changes the Rating board in India wants.

cmmora
    Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Re: Love Pyar Whatever - India Theatrical Trailer

Hey well done!

I hear the Indian censorship board is in turmoil at the moment due to The Messenger of God movie...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015...l-interference

...maybe you could slip it past them uncut

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
      Hey well done!

I hear the Indian censorship board is in turmoil at the moment due to The Messenger of God movie...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015...l-interference

...maybe you could slip it past them uncut
      Thanks sherbetbizarre for the link.

All in all, I was expecting worse from the censor board. There is one cut, the finger scene, that I knew would not pass untouched... and it didn't. But it may only be a few seconds. While the rest of that scene remains.

There were only two cuts that they required. The above, which I expected, and the second cut that I was not expecting. That one had nothing to do with sex, it had to do with a cultural reference about India that they did not like.

At least I am going to be part of a movie that is shown in theaters, so all is good. The chips will fall as they want. Hopefully my movie does not tank, to where I will never be able to write and/or direct another feature.

Now I am getting nervous... I have to get back to my happy place...
      Last edited by cmmora; 02-05-2015, 09:38 AM.
      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

Great trailer! Looks amazing. Congrats on getting it made and distributed. When you warned about fingers, I was worried about violence. Ha! I'm a little curious about the other edit -- the cultural reference they didn't like.

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by canela View Post
          Great trailer! Looks amazing. Congrats on getting it made and distributed. When you warned about fingers, I was worried about violence. Ha! I'm a little curious about the other edit -- the cultural reference they didn't like.

Best of luck!
          Thanks for the view, canela.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmora View Post
            Thanks for the view, canela.
            My pleasure! Thanks for sharing it and keep us posted.

Comment

Awesome trailer!!! Will there be a subtitled version?

Late Night Writer

Comment

Dude!! Way to go, congrats! Fingers crossed for a great run. What a thrilling experience this must have been!

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
                  Awesome trailer!!! Will there be a subtitled version?

Late Night Writer

LNW,

Actually the movie is 90% in English and only 10% in Hindi. But to show in India, we had to Dub the whole movie in Hindi.

We we do well in India, then I am hopeful for a U.S. distribution in theaters or in DVD, and streaming. It really all depends on what happens in India and if we don't tank or anything.

It's exciting, but I am going crazy with self-doubt. I just hope I don't go down as the worst writer/director to have every walked the Earth.

cmmora

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
                    Dude!! Way to go, congrats! Fingers crossed for a great run. What a thrilling experience this must have been!
                    Hi Rantanplan,

It's been fun, frustrating, joyful, nerve-wracking, exciting, hell... and I would so do it all again.

I love writing, my first passion. In the past, I could write and just not worry about what happened afterward. If it was liked or not, I really didn't care. But once I also started directing shorts and seeing my own words on screen, than I could never go back to only writing and hoping that someone would grace me with a read. I am still learning to write (even after al these years) and direct. So it is all still fun.

I am having the time of my life, I just wish the premiere in India could happen sooner than later. Than I will just know if I am a hack or not and if I will ever direct another feature.

Then maybe I can get a read from a U.S. manager or something...

Comment

So it is finally happening. All seems a go for my film to see limited release in India. All was not smooth sailing, but all rewarding. The latest hiccup, was the new conservative Censor board in India. We got caught in the middle of all of the happenings. It looks like there is blow back from some big Bollywood players as to the proposed restrictions. Those restrictions have been put on hold. Unfortunately it did not come quickly enough, and we felt the full force of some restrictions since we got our rating last month. Since I have not gotten tis far in Hollywood, I have to play by the rules in Bollywood. But, all in all all is good and we are releasing, for which I am so stoked for.

This is what I put on our facebook page -- http://www.facebook.com/lovepyarwhatever.

Love Pyar Whatever to release in India on March 27th, 2015. For the first time ever, the first day will be free admission. So don't miss out and attend the first day. All that you have to pay is the Entertainment tax (hey, the tax person always gets their due). View cities and theaters are being finalized and should be on this Facebook page -- http:://www.facebook.com/lovepyarwhatever and our webpage -- www.lovepyarwhatever.com hopefully by tomorrow night, so check back.

So if anyone here knows anyone in India, let them know. Writer/Director needs to buy a new pen...

Thanks for all of DDP's support over the years.

Carlos

Comment

Sorry in advance for the shameless self-promotion.

In case anyone is in the San Jose area next Tuesday, my directorial/writing debut, "Love Pyar Whatever", will be playing at the Festival of Globe FOGSV.org on August 11th at 9pm. Come by and watch the movie and stay to watch many other movies from around the world. Click on the movie showtimes link on top of the web page then go to August 11th and find my movie. There will be a link to buy tickets ahead of time. I also understand that you can buy tickets on the show day. Come out to support independent film in the Bay Area.

http://fogsv.org/love-pyar-whatever/
                        Last edited by cmmora; 08-05-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Huge congrats! Have a great screening-- hope it opens the door to more opportunities!

Late Night Writer

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
                            Huge congrats! Have a great screening-- hope it opens the door to more opportunities!

Late Night Writer
                            Thanks Late Night. I am always hopeful that the flood gates will open, or I would be happy with a small stream.

Comment

Congrats and best of luck for the screening!

Comment

Working...
                              X