Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Fade in Users

Just purchased Fade In and while I love it one thing it doesn't seem to do is open an existing document at the point where I left off writing/editing.

Any ideas how to fix this?
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Re: Any Fade in Users

You made a wise choice in your purchase of Fade In. The man to whom you ought to direct your questions is none other than ComicBent.
    “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
      You made a wise choice in your purchase of Fade In. The man to whom you ought to direct your questions is none other than ComicBent.
      Yeah I had a [dodgy] elderly version of FD a friend gave me years ago. Loving everything about Fade In - even the interface looks better.
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Found it...

FYI

Edit --> Preferences --> tick - remember editing position
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

For Mac users, it's under the “Fade In” tab, “Preferences” (or “Command, comma”), and tick the box for “Remember editing position.”
          Last edited by Clint Hill; 11-25-2018, 10:14 PM.
          “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Southern_land,

Sorry that I did not see this sooner.

On my website I have a free QuickStart Guide for Fade In. It is only four pages long on US Letter/A4 paper. It is too brief to address the issue that you raised, but you have already found the answer anyway.

The QuickStart explains some things about loading templates that you need to know. Unless you have your own template, which you have developed to your liking, I recommend that you start by using the Final Draft template (one of several that you can download from the Fade In website). Be sure to download the templates and the fonts, all of which are free and legal.

Why the Final Draft template instead of the built-in Fade In template? It has to do with the page margins (not the margins for the paragraph styles, or "elements"). The QuickStart explains this.

The QuickStart is a bit dated, because I wrote it originally three or four years ago, but it is still helpful. I started writing a manual for Fade In a few years ago, and made a lot of progress. The idea was to make the book about Fade In but to include a lot of "how to" material about screenwriting in general (the kinds of things that we have discussed here in the Basics forum for many years). I think that the idea was a really good one.

I got bogged down, as is common with big projects, but the main reason that I stopped writing the book was that I did not want to devote the enormous amount of time and work to something that, at best, would probably go unappreciated and, at worst, would be the object of rancor and derision.

But I think that I have now changed my mind and will begin working on the project again.

In the meantime, Southern_land, you might want to check out the articles on Fade In that I have written. I posted them here on the board, but they are also available on my website as PDF files.

By the way, the developer of Fade In, Kent Tessman, updates the program frequently. Sometimes you will see a pop-up telling you that a newer version is available. However, I usually check for updates under HELP every few days. Updates are free. If you encounter any bugs (rare, but they occur), you can send a report to Kent under HELP, and he will address them.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Thanks Comic. I'll definitely have a study of the articles.
              I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X