No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, I saw Source Code tonight...

Originally posted by Archduke View Post
    They even explicitly said it at the end didn't they? In Jake Gylenhaal said it in his text something like, "if you're getting this message than the source code works beyond what you imagined it creates parallel dimensions yadda yadda." Either that or it just gave you acess to other dimensions, but either way everytime he loaded up a source code he went into a different dimension and some of those dimensions his actions resulted in Chicago getting nuked.
    it was the terrorist who bombed the train. his failure to stop the bomb does not mean he bombed it. neither was he a willing participant so itd be the government that was at fault. but if what you meant was that, and if those worlds didnt exist prior to sending jake on the mission, then i agree the government sending him on multiple missions resulted in more people dying.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
      it was the terrorist who bombed the train. his failure to stop the bomb does not mean he bombed it. neither was he a willing participant so itd be the government that was at fault. but if what you meant was that, and if those worlds didnt exist prior to sending jake on the mission, then i agree the government sending him on multiple missions resulted in more people dying.
      I was being tongue and cheek about him being a dick(although he did just steal poor Shawn's body.) I was just pointing out that the results of all his tries was really just a net loss in terms of human casualties.

Comment

The ending is defintely up to interpretation, and so I guess your interpretation is that all events that happen in every variant of the Source Code create an indefinite alternate reality.

It seemed to me like killing Gyllenhal's real body while he's in the Source Code was a necessary component to it not being "reset" once again, and thus, that became the only, or the only alternate, universe.

Comment

wasn't my cup of tea

Comment

Working...
          X