No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel on Kaplan/Perrone

Hi everyone,

I recently made an inroad with my horror comedy script with Matthew Eisenman at Kaplan-Perrone.

I was curious to know how long it usually takes for the company to respond, if at all? I say this because I sent two follow-ups about a month after the read and they haven't been responded to just yet.

And... post!

Re: Intel on Kaplan/Perrone

From my experience, it can be long awhile, if ever. I once emailed Kaplan three months after a read request and he still hadn't read it yet. To this day I still don't think he's read it.

Not sure how quickly Eisenman's respond time in, but a month ain't that long. Hopefully, he hasn't read it yet instead of him passing on it.
    Struggling with your script? Get Honest Script Notes from a Produced Screenwriter who knows how hard it is to break into the business.

Email [email protected] for more details.

Comment

I got a read request from them back in May. Needless to say, I've stopped holding my breath.

Comment

Waiting three months so far.

Comment

Its not necissarily a bad sign, the thing to realize is you are low man on the totem pole. They might be planning on reading it tonight and then as leaving the office get a 3 or 4 other scripts in from established pros that are going to take precedent over your spec and push it back.

I been going through a similar process, I have a spec in at Plan B Entertainment for roughly 6 months, still hasnt been read.

Comment

took 4 months for a read and comment.

Comment

Wordplayer has some interesting thoughts on this very situation you find yourself in.

In short:

Don't wait around for people to get back to you. Keep going. If they love it, they'll call you, trust me, they'll call you. Just worry about what's next.

As Terry-Rossio-as-Yoda puts it:

"Do you must, never wait, and fvck hope."

Comment

Aaron got back to me within a few weeks.

I just ask em when a good time would be to do a call back and then do that. If they say don't call us ... etc - then don't.

Bot
                Since I sensed a sudden lack of appreciation for my presence, I hopped out of the Jumpy-jump, snatched my glow-stick from the fridge and galloped away on the Rent-A-Pony. - Stolen from Jcorona

Comment

I got a read request months ago. I'm just taking it as a pass.

Comment

I got a read and a polite pass from them. All-in-all it took about three months.

I move on the minute I send a script to anyone, whatever's gonna happen is gonna happen.

Hope it works out for you though.....
                    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.-- The Late Great Bill Hicks...

Comment

Just curious, if you get a response from a query letter, and send out a script, how long do you wait to follow up (a week, a month?), or do you not follow up and wait to hear back?

Comment

I say, if you don't hear back in 2 weeks, shoot them a "just checking in" email. If they don't even respond to your "checking in" email, then forget them and move on.

Comment

Got a request to send in my Treatment and Pilot Script May 16, Sent it out to them on May 18th. Question is how long do they usually take to respond? Anyone out there know?

Comment

Working...
                          X