No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let American Idol Begin!

I love AI!!!!!

Sorry, I'm on the west coast and I'm on the edge of my floor!

Corona
    I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
    I ain't no punk b1tch...

Re: Let American Idol Begin!

I like the small changes in format. I didn't notice any big changes, though, other than the addition of Kara. Were there supposed to be some?

Good choice of auditions to show, I thought, especially toward the end.
    "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
    ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Unabashedly love this show. Okay a little abashedly. Okay I don't tell anyone irw that I like it.

Of course there's the tabloid stuff: Paula's crazy, Simon's an a-hole, the contest is rigged. But I just like anything that gives someone who normally wouldn't have a chance to become successful, that chance. Let's just hope they don't bring in musical guests who haven't had a hit in over 20 years this season.

Simon on the kid who used to sing in the closet but no longer does: "So you came out of the closet?" Hilarious stuff. Also loved the balls of bikini girl to call out the new judge. But come on, the blind kid? He was okay but I mean, how would it have been humanely possible for them to say no to him?
      Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

The changes are there, but subtle. It's more about tone than format.

The focus was more on defining the contestants, especially the good ones, and they cut WAY back on the freakshow elements of the past couple seaons' auditions, mostly sending through contestants who arguably have a chance.

Comment

I love American Idol. I wish it was on every night. Great start to season 8!
          Twitter: @WriterLe

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
            I like the small changes in format. I didn't notice any big changes, though, other than the addition of Kara. Were there supposed to be some?

Good choice of auditions to show, I thought, especially toward the end.
            I didn't notice much different either, Raven.

Everytime I look at Kara, though, I think of Debra Winger.

I'm digging the auditions again. My favorite part of the show.

Corona
            I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Originally posted by wilsoneads View Post
              Also loved the balls of bikini girl to call out the new judge.
              I didn't think the bikini-clad girl was bad. In your guys' opinions, who sung that part better? Kara or bikin-clad?

Corona
              I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Originally posted by The White Album View Post
                I love American Idol. I wish it was on every night. Great start to season 8!
                5 out of 5 Dereks.

Corona
                Dang, I'm pumped about Idol. I feel kind'a gay.
                I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Originally posted by Jcorona View Post
                  I didn't think the bikini-clad girl was bad. In your guys' opinions, who sung that part better? Kara or bikin-clad?

Corona
                  She wasn't bad at all. But she completely ruined her chances of advancing far into the competition by showing up in a swimsuit and showing off that body because she just lost the female vote. And she was bitchy to Kara!

Women are their own worst enemies.
                  Twitter: @WriterLe

Comment

I think new judge was better - but just barely. I thought it was funny though that she was so insecure about being a judge that she felt she had to show a random contestant up. Like, "just to prove to everyone that I'm not a scrub, listen to my voice!" And, the moment a woman says, "Everybody's going to think I'm saying this because because you're young and pretty but it's not why I'm saying it at all".....Uh, that means that that's EXACTLY why you're saying it. And she proved it by blurting out, "Next time come naked."

I also thought it was hilarious that Simon had picked her to go through before she even sang a word. On the bikini, "Very smart".
                    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

She wasn't bad at all. But she completely ruined her chances of advancing far into the competition by showing up in a swimsuit and showing off that body because she just lost the female vote. And she was bitchy to Kara!

I also felt like she didn't hafta show up like that!

Corona
                      I love you, Reyna . . .

I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

What'cha sayin' JC? She shoulda only worn the bottom piece?

Midnite

Comment

Then again, she may not have even gotten this far if she hadn't drawn attention to herself with the bikini. Who knows.

And I agree with wilsoneads, Kara didn't need to prove she had a better voice than the contestant. That was bordering on shameful.

Comment

You guys love a bitchfest.

Anyway, isn't it obvious that the nice, blind guy is going to win? He has a terrific voice, he's courageous, he plays the piano, he graduated college at age 19, he's cute--a hero, leading-role kind of guy--everyone will vote for him.

Bikini bitch doesn't stand a chance. The rest of the contestants might as well go home...no one will vote against this guy IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
                              Then again, she may not have even gotten this far if she hadn't drawn attention to herself with the bikini. Who knows.

And I agree with wilsoneads, Kara didn't need to prove she had a better voice than the contestant. That was bordering on shameful.

As ashamed as I am to watch the auditions episodes... (because AI prodco is a union-busting piece of crap company that has sleazed its way out of paying a living wage to an LA friend of mine... )

I don't think Kara was trying to prove anything when she initially sang.

I thought Kara's performance of the song was much more mellow, confident, and she flowed without waffling. Easily better than bikini girl. And I liked that she put her money where her mouth is as far as singing voice. Crabby rejected singers constantly call the judges out on that. "I'd like to hear you sing it better." Now, we know there's a judge who can.

Comment

Working...
                              X